Chapter 31

Minho

I looked at the text message that I have got from MiWon, telling me that she wanted to eat.

Minho-nim, more chilli for my Kimchi stew! Thank you!

My lips went up as I read the words Minho-nim, she has been calling all sorts of nicknames these days, ranging from Minho, Minho ssi, Song Minho and the newest one, Minho-nim, something that I have never been called by.

Although it might be seen as annoying and indecisive to other people that she is changing my nickname all the ice, I see it as an improvement in our relationship as the nicknames start to feel more affectionate than the previous one.

It shows that she is starting to get more comfortable with me when she first saw me for the first time after she woke up from the 3-year-long coma, she did not even dare to look straight in my eyes like I wasn't doing the same thing either. I was so nervous and taken aback that she was this friendly to me for the first time in forever, the last time that she was that friendly to me, it was that little date at the arcade game store.

That day was as if it was the first time that we ever spent time together as classmates, it is the first time that she exposed her pearly whites so many times in one day. That day was one of the days that she was actually smiling genuinely, without any ulterior motives nor having any pressure from her mother who loves to control her like a doll on strings.

I finished buying everything, including the two friends' shares since they wanted to stay back for a while to accompany MiWon, they felt bad for making her go to the arcade store when she is clearly not suited to go to such noisy places in the first few weeks of her discharge.

Jung EunHa went home already, SungJong dragged her home because she couldn't stop crying, apparently, she didn't know that she would cause MiWon to faint and she was hurt over her own actions. SungJong had to bring her home to prevent the chances of her wailing in the hospital and causing trouble to the nurses on duty.

And for MiWon's mother, she pushed her way out of all of us when we wanted to ask more about MiWon's state of mind. She didn't say anything but the fact that she is going back to work, that is a first ever since the accident 3 years ago.

Ever since MiWon was injured, she never worked all the time and spared time to take care of Miwon when I am at school or at my workplace working, she would come over so often that she slept over at the hospital and treated the hospital as her second home. So to ignore her daughter as she has always done over the years, something must have happened between the two of them that this happened.

I walked along the corridors leading to her hospital room towards the very end, her mother had arranged her to stay in a VIP ward as I expected. Voices of girls squealing and giggling can be heard from the outside as I stopped outside her room, they must be having such a great time talking to each other.

I knocked on the door, the voices immediately subsided and I entered the room. The girls were sitting on her bed, both in front of her with the table separated between the three of them. They turned around and looked down at my hands, the food that I have bought for them.

I walked over to the table and placed down the packets of food, taking my own share and moving to the couch far away from them to have my dinner.

"Minho ssi! Thank you for the food." The long-haired girl thanked me, I think that her name was Choi Yuju when they were introducing themselves to me in the morning.

"This is what I should do as a classmate. Is it up to your taste buds?" I asked the three of them.

"Yes, thank you once again!" The other girl thanked me. "And to thank you for coming to the arcade game store in time, we wouldn't know what to do if you weren't there in time."

"That was nothing,..." I looked over to MiWon who mouthed her name to me. "Sowon ssi..."

"You were really a good friend to MiWon, always tending to her needs all the time." Yuju ssi commented. "I wish that I have a friend like you."

"How long have you guys even know each other for?"

"3 Weeks," I replied.

"3 Years," MiWon replied and I looked at her with an astonished look on my face. How did she--

The two looked at me in amusement and Sowon ssi spoke. "So which one is it?"

"It's 3 weeks but it feels like we have known each other for 3 years already, it is the level of comforts that I have with Minho that I think that we have known each for that long. We first met in this hospital and I approached him."

I nodded at her reply, feeling much relieved that my secret did not get exposed, that she did not know that we have a history longer than the 3 weeks that we have met each other again. If she hadn't approached me that day, I would've still thought that she is still in a coma and will not gain consciousness ever again.

But she did, she gave a second chance to prove myself that I wasn't the person that she had always thought of me to be before the accident, that I was a gangster who hurt her feelings all the time and not the guy who is caring at heart who only made himself into someone fierce and reckless to protect himself. She gave me a second chance to love her even more in a different light and hope that she would feel the same one day.

"By the way, who is that person that you were going to meet that day? You even packed lunch for that person." MiWon suddenly asked. "Who is that person that you ditched him or her to accompany me to the caféteria?"

It is for you, the person who completed forgotten the person who saved you over and over again. Your secret guardian who ditched his work to save you from a suicide attempt that nearly lost your own life.