Thirty Four

Meek

*Flashback*

"Nessa what are you saying?" I ask through the glass.

"Meek I can't do this anymore. All this is too much. You're going to be in jail for three years. What am I suppose to do for four years without you?!"

"Nessa you said you could handle this. You said you weren't going anywhere"

"And you said you weren't going to let this catch up to you. You said you would take care of me"

"And I am. That $500 a week you get ain't taking care of you??"

"Hell no. I need more than money . I need you and I don't have you. You're in jail. I can't go to my mom and tell her you're in jail. We were just talking about marriage and kids. I can't be with someone that is going to be in jail. And what if we did have kids? You expect me to be a single mom when you're in jail?"

"Why are you saying this shit now?" I ask.

"Because I can't take this. I'm not made for you and the streets. I can't be coming up in and out of a prison and to do what? See you behind a window and hear your voice! Nothing else....I don't love you anymore Meek" she says.

"It ain't even been two months and you wanna tell me some shit like this"

"I'm sorry but this is it" she says hanging up the phone. She gets up to walk away.

"Nessa! Nessa!" I yell slamming the phone down. I bang on the window. "Nessa come back here!!" I shout as I get pulled by the officers.

**

I put a lot of trust into her. She was the one who sold me with the dreams.

When Nessa left me I thought the worst of women and just disrespected them all. I didn't care for the feelings of love anymore.

But when I see Nicki it's the opposite. She got her own and does for herself before she lets another nigga take care of her. I think she just was caught up in Blaze bullshit that she kinda lost the feeling of love. I don't take it too hard when she says she wants her time to see if it's real with me but I believe it is. She just needs to realize it for herself.

"Time to annihilate yo ass" Blaze says coming in. He takes the rope off me and holds a gun up to my head while taking me out the room.

"Sit down!" He says while pushing me to sit at a table. A door then opens and in comes Nicki and with Rocko and Ronnie. I smirk. Her and that mutt.

"Yo dumbass still got that damn dog?!"

"Blaze shut the fuck up!" She yells. "Hey baby" she says to me.

"Hey baby " I say back. Looking to Blaze as he is disgusted Nicki takes a seat and with Rocko in her hand with Ronnie and Blaze standing.

"Okay so what the fuck is up?" Nicki asks.

"So here's what is about to happen. Meek is going to die and you are going with me. " Blaze says. Nicki looks to him and laughs.

"What's so funny about that Nicki?"

"What's funny is you thinking both of those things is going to happen" she says laughing harder. "I wouldn't go with you if you were the last person in the world" she says. Blaze just looks at her.

"Just kill that bitch too" Ronnie says. Jamel then walks in.

"Oh family reunion or some shit" he says. I huff.

"Man staring at the wall was more time consuming than this shit" I say. Nicki laughs.

"What is y'all problem? Especially you Blaze. Is it that you want your shit back?" She asks.

"I want everything I had including yo looney ass with me!"

"Well you can't have it" she says at her most calm. "Everything including my looney ass is happy without you" she says laughing. "What makes you think I wanna be with you? I was so happy when I thought Dash and Deuce smoked your ass right when you were released. Just to go years free from you is what got me to a better place. I didn't even need your shit to begin with! I had connections! I just used yours to see if they were all as hyped to be but you owe a lot of people. And if they know you're alive and well it will be my job to make sure they catch you"

"Like who? The police? Detective Bunch and Picks ain't shit. "

"This is boring" I say.

"Shut the fuck up!" Jamel says. Nicki laughs.

"Jamel how are you still walking? I mean you literally had a dumb bitch by you. Meek got at your cousin and your brother and you are just as weak as they are. I mean you really ain't bout shit." Nicki says. I laugh. That girl is bold.

"And Ronnie. You are so below me. You were so below Meek. Meek had more than you and still does. You wanna knock him off so fast to get to the top but you fail to realize that you still wouldn't be at the top. You got them two niggas. All three of y'all some dummies. Once Meek is out you'll be fighting each other. Then what?"

They all just look at each other.

"Obviously I'll be at the top." Blaze says.

"Nigga shut up! You'll be too busy in yo fucking feelings to be in control of shit"

"I agree" Nicki says. "Because when you were no longer existent I surpassed you and what you thought I used of yours. That shit ain't last long. All my shit is real and successful to where I got a bigger name than you! Meek got out of jail and knew my name before his feet even touched the streets again" she says. I smirk. "East coast belongs to us and y'all can't stand it. Blaze you sold me this dream but you didn't promise it. This could be us but it's not and for that I'm not with the shit" she says putting Rocko down and standing up.

"Bitch sit yo ass down!" Blaze yells. Nicki laughs.

"You just fucked up" she says. Feeling Rocko by my feet and standing up, I notice Nicki's V-mag in her outfit pocket. This girl. Reaching down I take it quickly sitting back up.

"See I really don't want to kill y'all. I'd rather you all suffer in prison" she says. "Meek they should suffer in prison. Missing them on the coast won't be too bad" she says dropping hints. "What you think?"

"What the fuck?! Can we just-" Ronnie starts but I shoot towards him, Blaze and Jamel. More shots go off but I make my way out towards the front door with Nicki and Rocko.

"Duck!" I yell seeing Jamel and Blaze shooting at the car. They shout at the windshield as Nicki speeds off.

"Nicki you crazy ass fuck" I say.

"I know" she says laughing.

"How did you get Rocko to behave so well?"

"We had a talk" she says reaching to the back. "You hungry?" She asks holding up a Philly cheesesteak bag. I laugh. Hearing police sirens and seeing cars fly by us quick I look to Nicki.

"You called them?"

"Yep." She says.

"Damn" I say.

"Meek I hope you know I do love you. I was just scared to admit it" she says lowly.

"I know. I was going to make up with you"

"I know " she says. "I took a big risk in all that. Especially calling the cops . They came back to question me and I think detective Picks likes me. This is either going to bite me in the ass or some more shit is going down"

"I'll take some more shit is going down. I want them to be gone" I say. "But until then I want to spend time with you." I say as she glances at me.

"Okay" she says. "I want them gone too. For Mack and Dutch. They gone pay" Nicki says. I sit back in my seat. They gone pay.

Shae 💰