Thirty Nine

December 2, 2013

Meek

"I am aware Nicki's birthday is coming up" I say to Candi.

"Okay so you got anything in mind?" Candi asks. I laugh.

"Why?" I ask. She gives me a serious thought.

"Meek Nicki hasn't felt real love with anyone she's been with. Well since becoming what she is" she says. I chuckle.

"I know" I say.

"Then you must know it's important to get her something special"

"Candi Nicki ain't mentioned her birthday. Why are you?"

"Because I know she won't mention it. You know why?" She asks. I shake my head.

"I ain't mention it either."

"Meek go mention her birthday and see what she says" she says. I go over to Nicki and hear her laughing with Omelly and Cookie.

"Meek she wildin" Omelly says. Nicki cackles.

"He says I don't challenge you when I do" she says.

"You don't. You try me. You don't challenge me" I say making her and Cookie laugh. "Nah but have you thought about what you wanted to do for your birthday?" I ask.

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna know" I say.

"Yeah I meant to ask that too" Cookie says.

"You know I don't do anything big for my birthday" she says. Cookie rolls her eyes.

"Why not?"

"Can we not talk about this right now" she says.

"What you want for your birthday sis?" Omelly asks. Nicki groans a little.

"Nothing" she says.

"I don't do that nothing shit" Omelly says. She bursts out in laughter.

"You will" she says. I ease away and go back over to Candi.

"You wanna let me know something?" I ask.

"After getting with Blaze Nicki lost the spirit in the day she was born. I don't know what exactly made her not happy about it but she ain't never celebrate it" Candi says. "She doesn't even like anyone mentioning it" . Looking over at Nicki she says something to Cookie and Omelly then walks off somewhere.

Nicki

**Flashback**

"Nicki I know you playing with me" Blaze says.

"I'm not. I found out today" I say.

"So you're pregnant?" He questions.

"Yes Blaze" I say.

"You gone get rid of it right?"

"What?" I ask.

"You can't have a baby. Matter of fact let's make it to where you can't get pregnant" he says.

"Blaze that's so harsh. And that's some bullshit. I didn't plan on getting pregnant"

"Oh really? Cause I'll put yo ass out with nothing and you can be broke and homeless on your damn birthday in few days!" He yells coming towards me. He grabs me by my neck and pushes me up against the wall hard. Hitting my head I start crying a little. Seeing the fire in Blaze's eyes I bite my lip.

Just hoping he wouldn't hurt me.

"You not having no fucking baby! We about to get the biggest hand in our money and here you go fucking it up! What good are you?! Are you a stupid bitch Onika!?" He says hitting my head against the wall again.