1.4: caught pink, puple and blue handed

Playlist: What I Know -- Parachute

Before

"Hey I'm Lance. What's your name?" The guy stared at me long and hard, confused. Shit. Not gay. Definitely not gay. Fuck why does this keep happening to me?

"Ryan." He replied in a deadpan voice.

"Oh cool um the class that's in that room right now do you know when it gets out?" Ryan glances to the class room to his left and shrugs a little.

"I don't know."

"Oh, sorry. I just figured you were waiting for someone and my friend is in there too so.. Yeah." It was time to back away slowly and then run like hell before I became red as a tomato. What the heck was wrong with me? I could usually tell if someone was part of the LGBT community. Why was I so off my game? Thank god I started with a neutral introduction. If I had straight up came onto him he could have tried to punch me in the face. "Well I'm just gonna.." I turned around, ready to run like hell despite telling him I was waiting for a friend. But I nearly ran into Matt. Matt as in, Pidge's brother.

"Matt!" I exclaimed startled by his presence. He nodded to me, fixing his glasses as he finished whatever text he was writing on his phone. "H-hey how.. How's it going?"

"Pretty good." Matt replied finally looking up at me and his friend. "Ready to go Ryan?" The guy nodded and I shifted my weight nervously. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Ryan was going to say something. He was going to tell Matt that I tried hitting on him, if Ryan could even tell, and then my life was going to fall apart and I was going to have to switch schools or move to another state.

"Yeah I'm ready. So ya around Lance." I nodded vigorously.

"See ya, Ryan, Matt." I waved nervously as the pair walked off.

"So that homework we had..." I heard Matt say before they turned around a corner. I breathed a sigh of relief before quickly hightailing it the fuck out of that hallway. Why was I such an embarrassment to myself? Why was I picking all the wrong people to flirt with lately? What had happened to my mojo?

----

I didn't think I was going to see Matt again that day but I did. He was in my room with Hunk when I came home from class. The two of them were talking and I paused when I saw him in the room. "Hey Lance." Hunk said with a smile. Matt smiled too, waving.

"Um, hey guys." I murmured.

"I was dropping off my sisters remote. I borrowed it yesterday to play some games with my friends and she really wants it back obviously and she's coming here late to play anyways so.." Matt shrugged as I nodded slowly and headed for my bed, sitting down on it lightly. "Anyways, good seeing you guys. Let's all hang out again soon when I'm not swamped with homework.

"Wait, Matt." I blurted out as he began to head for the door.

"Yeah?" He asked, arching an eyebrow at me.

"About earlier..." what the fuck was wrong with me?

"Earlier?" Matt questioned.

"Ryan?" I sigh as Matt just stares at me. "That's not how I wanted you to find out and I'm sorry if you're weirded out by me now." I watched him scratch his head confused. Hunk was giving me a worried expression.