3.2: movie dates

Playlist: This Town - Niall Horan

After

"Hey Lance." Someone said, dropping down in front of me. I smiled up at Jeremy and pulled my headphones out of my ears. "You're up on campus late for once." He remarks, preparing to dig into his plate of spaghetti.

"I have a late class this semester. By late I mean six." I said with a shrug. There was still light outside, the sun was just barely setting but the class did get out around nine-thirty so I think that's pretty late.

"Nice. Is that every Wednesday then? Is this a three hour class?"

"You guessed it." I said with s smile, drinking the last of my water from my cup. "What about you? Just finish some soufflé class?" He smirked, swallowing his food before speaking again.

"There's no soufflé class Lance. That's just a baking class." I laughed. "And no this is more like soups 101." I rolled my eyes at him, wondering if he was being serious or not. "Man, I was hoping you wouldn't have shit to do tonight. Aurora is dragging me to the movies with her and her friends." I smirked.

"How is she dragging you? Why don't you just say you don't want to go?"

"Because I love her dude." He said with a roll of his eyes. I laughed. "But yeah, it's just going to be boring for me because whenever Aurora is surrounded by her friends, she pays less attention to me. Like, I'll talk to Tristen, Sarah, Pidge and them but like.." Jeremy shakes his head. "Aurora and I barely talk the whole night because she'll be talking to them. She hasn't seen any of her friends in a while."

"Does she mostly only have college friends?"

"Kind of. I mean, we both sort of have friends we hang out with over breaks in our hometown but... Aurora likes everyone here more than her high school friends. She has a lot of tension with everyone back home." I nod. I can understand that. "And anyways, she sees me like all the time so of course she'll want to talk to them more than me. We know like everything about one another."

"Awwww." I cry out. "How sweeeeettttt." Jeremy rolls his eyes at me and continues eating. "Ask Hunk Maybe. Or one of the other guys." Jeremy nods.

"You're right, why the hell were you my first option." He says with a grin.

"Because you loveeeee meee." Jeremy flips me off.

"Quite the opposite actually." I laugh and glance at the time on my phone.

"Oh shit, I should get going. I have kind of a long ways to walk to the Visual Arts Center."

"Oh, is it a film class you're taking?" Jeremy asked. I finger gunned at him before grabbing up my bag.

"You got it dude. I'll see you later Alright." Jeremy holds out his fist and I hit my own against it before grabbing up my empty cup and heading over to the dish rack.

"See ya." Jeremy calls out.

----

I twirled my pencil in my hands, trying not to jam out too hard to the music blasting through my headphones. I had left the cafeteria early enough to get to class thirty minutes before it started. There weren't many people in the room, just a few girls in a corner and some dude who looked like he was asleep up front. I wasn't really paying attention to them.

My long legs were stretched out on the table in front of me and sporadically, people would walk in. The classroom was slowly filling up but nobody caught my eye when they walked in. That is, until Keith appeared. Him, I noticed and I immediately started to cough upon seeing him. Jesus Christ, not now. He had stepped into the room looking a little anxious but once I started to cough, I gained his attention. I spit a flower petal into my hand and waved at him with my other. He started to walk towards me as I shoved the petal into my pocket.