S. Coups (II)

S. Coups

You were beyond excited for the summer trip your group of friends had painstakingly planned for the past three years of high school. Now most of you finally had driver's licences and a few even had cars of their own; although the conditions of these vehicles were the opposite of the youngsters that drove them.

The two-week long stay in a cottage by the sea was a relaxing endeavor that all of you needed. After checking the time and double checking your essentials, you phoned Seungcheol; he was responsible for picking you up.

You and Seungcheol had an interesting relationship. Because your birthday was the latest out of your group of friends, he had always looked after you like a younger sibling. It was only a few months' difference, but he insisted on babying you.

It was endearing, but infuriating.

You didn't know how to get it through his thick head that you did not want to be treated as if you were his daughter or something. The stupid crush you had on him might have gone over better if he wasn't in 'dad' mode every time he was with you.

"Did you eat lunch yet?"

"You finished your homework last night right?"

"Look at your dark circles, you have to get at least seven hours of sleep every night!"

He never nagged anyone else. Just you. It was heartwarming to know he cared, but for heaven's sake he didn't have to treat you like a child.

Beep! Beep!

You grabbed headphones on your way out of your house. "Mom, Dad, I'm leaving!"

"Have fun!"

"Stay safe!"

Echoed after your words as you closed the door behind you. You pulled the suitcase along the driveway to see Seungcheol hop out of his car, looking as handsome as ever. His shirt was unbuttoned at the collar exposing part of his toned chest, paired with a casual pair of jeans and sunglasses that sat on the bridge of his nose.

"Let me get that for you," he reached over to take the luggage from your grasp.

You smiled, "Thanks."

When you slid into the passenger side of the car, you turned around to see that the entire back row was stuffed with a random assortment of items. There were tennis rackets, a giant bottle of bubble fluid, and at least five pairs of shoelaces.

"Do you plan to use all this stuff?" You asked Seungcheol when he sat down and got ready to start the car.

He shrugged, "You never know."

"It does seem a little bit of an overkill," you commented before opening up your phone to set up the GPS.

"You didn't forget anything did you?" Oh dear Lord, give me patience.

You pressed your lips together into a thin smile, hoping that this was the only question he would be asking this time, "Nope, I'm all packed and ready."

"You got all your toiletries, toothbrushes, and extra socks right?"

Your answer was short, "Yup."

"You brought at least one sweater and one waterproof jacket?"

"Seungcheol. I brought everything you said to bring on the comprehensive list you sent me a week ago. Even the 'undergarments' you felt embarrassed typing out and I felt embarrassed reading. Can we go now?" You watched as a bright hue of red grew on his cheeks that weren't completely protected by his sunglasses.