Hallowe'en Special (II) '17

SEVENTEEN: VOCAL TEAM

In which you all go trick-or-treating. Chaos ensues.

. . .

You tugged at your costume, your still small fingers trying to smooth out the difficult fabric that all costumes were made of. You huffed as particularly annoying section wanted to bulge out awkwardly and fixed it with increasing frustration.

"Hurry up!" Seungkwan's loud voice called from outside the house, it wasn't surprising that you could still hear him clearly even when separated by a formidable brick wall. "Or else we're going to get all the candy without you!"

"Alright!" You hollered, rushing about your room in an effort to collect everything you needed for tonight. "Just give me a second!"

Grabbing your candy pail, and sweater in case it got cold, you flew down the stairs to see your parents waving a phone and gesturing for you to stand still so they could take a picture. "Smile!"

You beamed happily before giving them a hug, "Happy Hallowe'en."

They chuckled, lightly ruffling your hair before looking at you sternly. "Now, we won't be there this year, but we think that Joshua will keep you all out of trouble. Don't do anything dangerous; we did try to warn Seokmin that scaring babies on Hallowe'en would result in no candy, but for his parents' sake, could you pull his ear if he gets any weird ideas?"

You nodded obediently, but nonetheless, you were bouncing on your heels and waiting for their lecture to finish so you could finally go outside.

They enveloped you into a hug before sending you off.

"Jeonghan!" You waved excitedly at the boy who was clad in a very boring, very lazy ghost costume. "You didn't even try, did you?"

The long-haired boy shrugged from underneath his sheet, "I just want candy." But his eyes seemed much more alert when they rested on you. "You look nice."

A happy smile appeared on your lips as you laughed, "Thanks!"

Jeonghan's chest felt warm.

"Seungkwan," you greeted, smile fading as you began to pout petulantly, "Why are so loud? Can't you just wait a few minutes?"

The short boy dressed as a banana stuck his tongue out in response. "If you weren't such a slowpoke, maybe I wouldn't have to waste my breath yelling. And your extra five minutes didn't make you any prettier."

Jihoon smacked the back of Seungkwan's head, "Shut up, who taught you to speak to girls that way?"

You blinked, "Jihoon, how did your parents get you to dress up as a teddy bear? I thought you wanted to be a devil?"

The cute onesie clad boy was adorably huffy when he replied, "They said I would look silly but they promised me a ukulele if I did this."

But surprisingly, Jisoo was costumed as the fallen angel himself, Lucifer. "Don't ask."

"Your parents let you?" You asked, studying his dark look. He did look quite nice regardless.

He waved his little red pitchfork. "They felt bad that the costume Jihoon had originally bought wasn't going to use. I didn't really care, just wanted to hang out with you guys."

"Speak for yourself, I'm here to rob as many families of as much candy possible," Seokmin's eyes sparkled with mischief as the glow-in-the-dark skeleton costume twinkled merrily along. It was too fitting.

You looked suspiciously at the boy who was smiling too brightly, "You don't have any dumb ideas of 'stealing candy from babies' do you?" You could too easily the mayhem that particular act of his caused last year.