Jun (VI)

...it's a long one.

Jun

You realized perhaps a bit too late that you two were no longer kids.

. . .

Junhui was the bane of your existence, since the very first time you met, the two of you refused to so much as think about getting along.

While your parents desperately tried to shove the two of you together, it only served to make you and Junhui despise each other even more than the time before. Seeing the way that the two of you behaved with each other, your parents were tempted to cancel the arrangement.

Unfortunately, they never did.

. . .

Your hair was cropped short, which made you obviously different from what usual high-brow societies daughters were supposed to be. But your parents did love doting on you, and almost rejoiced in the way that you differed the usual ideal of what a perfect girl was supposed to be.

To them, you were just as accomplished, if not more than all of their acquaintances' children. Not only were you skilled in the piano but could win in a fistfight with people double your weight. Unfortunately, the latter was exactly the way you met Junhui.

There were guests over today, so your mother had you outfitted into a pair of nice pants and a dress shirt with large ruffles on the sleeves detailed with small black eyelets. You happened to like your outfit quite a bit, the shirt especially; it's simplicity but tasteful design made you feel beautiful. Your thirteen-year-old frame was on the wiry side because of your hours spent practising different martial arts.

Sliding down the long banister of the main staircase and landing beautifully at the bottom, your curious eyes scanned the full main foyer for your friends. Spotting Seulgi and Moonbyul, you wave excitedly at them and make your way to where they were waiting for you, once you were there the three of you made a beeline for outside.

"So?" You smirked at Seulgi with a teasing tone in your voice, "How's your problem?"

"Ugh," the pretty girl rolled her eyes dramatically while tossing a wave of dark hair over her shoulder, "Don't even get me started, why is it that I'm the one who keeps getting hounded by boys? I mean, you would think saying no would suffice, but I guess not."

Moonbyul scoffed at her, "You act like this is such a burden, who knows? Maybe some filthy rich boy will fall prey to your charms, and you'll be set for life."

"You act like you don't have your own fair share of admirers," Seulgi retorts, punching the other girl's shoulder lightly. "Speaking of which, why haven't you had any confessions?"

Seeing that the question was directed towards you, you think for a second, "I'm not sure actually, but if I had to hazard a guess," a devious grin played on the edges of your lips, "That all the boys are scared of me."

Your two friends looked at each other knowingly, you were kind of infamous in the circle for being the most terrifying girl that any person would have had the pleasure to know. Not that you weren't nice, but when a rumour goes around saying that you had dislocated the arm of a fully gown adult at some point in your short life, boys usually stayed further away.

The three of you chattered for a while, catching up since the last the time you were all able to be in the same place. When dinner is called to be served, the other two girls enter first both hungry from the day, and while you were the same, you decide to stay outside for a little longer. It was this decision that led to you to a scene that you could not resist stepping into.