Dino (V)

* continuation of Dino (IV), if you haven't read that one, this one might not make sense *

Dino

As he gazed at your sleeping form in your arms, Chan realizes that he has truly been more fortunate than he deserves.

. . .

You wake up earlier than him, and at first, you are frozen in fear since this was the first time you had woken up not alone. It is only after the hazy memories flood in that your heart rate settles back into normal, although it does pick up slightly as you notice what sort of predicament you are in.

You had woken up with your face buried in his chest, while your curled fists clutched at his shirt. Somehow your hand had let go of his during the night, but it made its way back to him; you try not to think what it implied. You try to squirm away from him, but that only makes you realize that he had wrapped a very strong arm around your waist, anchoring you beside him.

This brings a subtle blush onto your cheeks. It seems so strange to be embarrassed by this, but given this has been the most intimate thing between the both of you, it was justified. Slowly your attention to his arm fades as you are distracted by Chan's face.

Unconsciously, the ends of your mouth lift slightly as your eyes soften with emotion. You've never seen this side of him, so at peace and, judging by the content curve of his mouth, relaxed. You resist the urge to touch him and settle for just admiring.

Suddenly you could feel the arm around you tighten slightly, the only real indication that he was waking before he shifts his body so that he's propped above you. You swallow the undignified yelp and a startled gasp escaped when you feel him nuzzling the curve of your neck, warm lips caressing your skin.

Feeling your tense body beneath his, Chan's actions stopped before he froze in shock. He immediately lifted his head from your neck to stare bewildered into your eyes, "Wait, this isn't a dream?"

This coaxes a giggle from you as you shake your head in amusement, "Have you had this dream before?"

An embarrassed groan was the only response you got as he tried to hide the flushing of his cheeks by returning to his earlier position next to you without letting go of his arm around your waist.

A short silence was interrupted by his quiet confession, "Yes, this and many more. Even now it seems as if I can't believe that it's really you next to me."

. . .

As you help the cook with a few simple dishes for breakfast, your heart seems a little faint with what had occurred in the last twenty-four hours. You weren't sure what is going on, and your preoccupation with your thoughts caused you to be more of a liability than help and the cook wasted no time in sending you out.

You drifted through the house looking for your room, only your lack of care ended up with you running right into the object of your thoughts. A small smile emerged onto Chan's lips as he watched your face colour with red, finding your clear nervousness adorable.

But before he could get a word in, you had already darted away and disappeared down the long hallway. He shook his head, telling himself to be patient, there was time for him to make it right. Opening up his phone, he makes a call to the secretary to remove any plans for this weekend.

. . .

Breakfast was a quiet affair, both of you slightly wary of what should be done to mend this relationship. Your eyes finally flickered up from your omelette to meet Chan's curious gaze, and after a moment he spoke.

"Before anything, you deserve an apology, I am sorry." His eyes shone with earnestness and true regret, "Because of my own cowardly actions, I had hurt you beyond what was acceptable. While I do not expect you to forgive me, I hope that you won't hate me."