The8 (III)

The8

Pumpkin picking at a pumpkin patch with your pumpkin, Minghao.

. . .

You snuggled deeper into your covers as you felt sleep beginning to leave you. The autumn sunlight that filtered through the windows warmed you nicely. Too bad Minghao wasn't going to let you laze around today.

"Baby," his sweet voice cooed, "Morning." He leaned in close so he could whisper into your ear, "You promised you would take me to the farm."

"Why would I do that?" You mumbled into your blanket covered hands, refusing to leave the comfortable warmth of your bed.

"Because your boyfriend has been really good and you are an amazing girlfriend who wouldn't let him down?" He wheedled, a teasing glint in his eyes that you couldn't see.

You let out a defeated groan as you began to stretch, preparing to get up. "You're lucky I love you so much."

"I love you too," Minghao watched as you sat up sleepily while rubbing your eyes cutely. He couldn't help but to lean in and quickly peck you on the cheek. He never got tired of watching your face turn pink because of him.

"Jerk."

As you brushed your teeth you wondered how Minghao got up so easily every morning; it was as if he could wake up and get up only seconds away from each other. You weren't one of those people.

. . .

Minghao was practically trembling with excitement, his curly hair bouncing lightly while his eyes were wide and taking in everything. This was the first time he had experienced anything like this, although the place was swarmed with young children, the expression on your boyfriend's face seemed to fit right in.

Glancing at Minghao and realizing that he very much wanted to go into the petting zoo, you began pulling him in the opposite direction, "We came here for pumpkins so we're going to get those first. If we go to the petting zoo now, by the time we get back we'll probably only have some lame, bruised, shriveled pumpkin."

You wanted to giggle when you heard him sigh wistfully before allowing himself to be pulled away to the gigantic pumpkin patch.

. . .

"How 'bout this one?" You asked, admiring a medium-sized pumpkin that was plump and pleasantly orange.

Minghao shook his head vigorously as he glanced at the pumpkin you were pointing at, "That one is so small and lame. I want everyone to be shocked when they see our pumpkin."

You blinked at him before chuckling. "Well then, what do you think? Which pumpkin do you like?"

Your blonde boyfriend scanned the surroundings before beginning to pick his way around the patch, his figure growing more and more distant. You continued the search for a pretty pumpkin, worst comes to worst, if the two of you didn't agree on your pumpkin tastes, you could always just buy two.

"I found the pumpkin!" You turned towards your boyfriend who was pointing excitedly into some distant area that you couldn't make out. You wondered what amazing pumpkin could have caused Minghao to be happy as you picked your way towards his direction. You kept an eye out for 'the' pumpkin.

"Baby," Minghao's eyes sparkled as if he had seen a puppy. "Do you see that one there? Isn't it eye catching?"

You blinked. And blinked again. You looked at the pumpkin and then turned to look at Minghao before checking to see again if that thing was really the pumpkin he was talking about. You closed your eyes for the third time hoping that when you opened them again the monstrosity would somehow be a little less vulgar.