20

Skye pov.

One week, I had been part of the Phoenix for all of one week and already I was in way over my head. On the outside I acted as if I had everything completely together but on the inside I was freaking out. Mac was absolutely right, I couldn't do this, I have no idea what I was thinking. Jack gave me his smallest hand gun and I had it strapped onto my leg in a way so that it wouldn't be noticeable to anyone who just looked at me. He gave me direct instructions to use it if Calvin ever got close enough to even see it, before him and Mac were able to get there.

I hadn't spoken to Mac since the blow up but now it was too late. This was happening and it was happening now. I'd stayed at Jack's house last night after everything. I didn't even tell Mac where I was but I assumed Jack had since the boy didn't call or come looking for me.

The dress I was now currently wearing resembled my first one very much but this one was black and had slits on either side, right above my waste.

I got out of my slick white car I had been given to use for the mission from Phoenix. I knew that Jack and Mac were parked right down the road where they could still see me but far enough where Calvin would not notice them.

I strode into the fancy bar instantly seeing Calvin Brown in his normal seat, only this time the rest of the table was still empty.

"Where are all of your friends?" I questioned placing my hands on the back of the chair sitting next to him. I went to pull the seat out but he placed his larger hand on mine stopping me.

"Actually," he said looking up to me, "I was thinking we could just skip these cheep drinks and head straight to my place." I stood there quiet from sometime. My skin crawled at his touch on me and I wanted to pull away but instead I smiled.

"Sounds intriguing," I raised my eyebrows at him. He stood to his feet and together we exited the bar. 

"Which one is yours?" He asked me looking at the array of cars in the parking lot and I pointed out my beauty. He grinned and gestured towards it. So this was definitely not how I was expecting this night to go. I got into the driver's seat, Calvin beside me in the passenger, and just like that we were gone.

Mac pov.

Jack and I sat in his car just down the road from the bar with the lights out. We could hear every word Skye said through the coms. She was terrified, or so I heard from Jack, that Brown would catch onto her or see her com in her ear but the undercover makeup artist at the Phoenix had done a good job adjusting her hair in a way so that it wouldn't be seen. I never took my eyes off of the bar and I was practically holding my breath so that I didn't miss a word spoken.

"Mac?" Jack said pulling me out of my thoughts. My eyes widened as I turned to him.

"What?" I asked trying to get back to eavesdropping as soon as possible.