96

Mac pov.

She walked through the door of the house and I jumped to my feet ready to either apologize or continue this argument. It all really depended on how she was.

"Skye," I said coming around the corner and seeing that Jack was not with her. I could hear his car start outside and him leaving.

"Mac," she cut me off walking up to me and placing a hand on either side of my face. She pressed her lips against mine and I was frozen in place. When she pulled away all I could do was stare at her.

"What was that fo-," she pressed her finger to my lips now shaking her head and stopping me from finishing my question.

"Can we not talk?" She asked. "Can we just... be together, tonight. And not worry about what happens next or when we wake up in the morning?"

She pulled her hand away and I squinted my eyebrows at her. I didn't know where this was coming from but I didn't care.

"Sure," I nodded at her. Her face showed little emotion as she took ahold of my hand and lead us to the back bedroom.

What happened after that is still a mystery to me. It had one of the best nights of my life with her that night. When I woke up the next morning I began to understand a few things... but I was still left with questions.

Mac,
I'm so sorry to do this to you. I know this was a decision we were suppose to make together. But when we are together danger lurks around every corner and until that danger is gone, the best place for Stone to be is somewhere where even you won't see him. The last thing I want is for our son to grow up without a father. So get your lazy ass into gear and find Walsh so he can come home.
Please don't look for us, that'll only help Walsh find us. I'll make sure as long as we are away Stone will know your name. He'll know your face. And he will know the hero you truly are.
I love you Angus Macgyver.

She didn't sign it but she didn't have to. I found that note when I woke up the next morning on the kitchen counter. I ran to Stone's room only to find he was gone from his crib as well.

She did it. The one thing I told her not to do, she'd done. I quickly looked outside to find my Jeep still in the driveway. She couldn't have gotten that far on foot.

But then I noticed the flashing lights coming from next door. She'd stolen the neighbor's car. Smart girl.

I ran a shaky hand through my hair looking around me and then back down at the note now in my hands.

Every instinct, every fiber of my being wanted to call Matty and get the Phoenix team out looking for her. But I didn't. I took a deep breath and came to a devastating conclusion right then and there.

Skye was right. Stone was not safe here. And I needed to get off my lazy ass and track Walsh down so that my son could come home. So they both could. I crumbled the note in my fist but I didn't dare think of throwing it in the trash. Instead I held it to my chest and looked out over the green grass outside. I looked at the flashing blue lights, at the red Jeep still parked in my driveway. I looked at everything I had and a single tear ran down my face.

I promise to keep our son safe. I need you to promise you'll find a way to get us home to you.

Remembering the last line of the note I took a deep breath and I nodded.

"I promise."

———————————————————

Author's Note:

Alright. Super short. Super mushy chapter but I didn't want to put it with anything else and it was kinda necessary.

Glad I was able to get this up to y'all before the night was over. I don't know who else has seen the season finale yet but wow. I mean just wow.

Please don't comment about the episode here. Tomorrow I will probably put up my thoughts and review on it in an update with spoiler warnings so we can all discuss it there.

I hope y'all enjoyed this and don't hate me for tearing Skye and Mac apart again. Or for taking Stone away. But I promise you'll enjoy what comes next. Well I hope anyways.

Much love y'all!

Andra_Chesulloth