Chapter 5

Kristina walked into the room as the doctor was leaving. "How's he doing?" She asked him, with slight concern. Not much she could do to hide it, she was his mother after all. "He's completely fine," The doctor told her. "LIke I told your wife, fever spells are normal when it comes to teething babies." Kristina looked over at Parker who rolled her eyes. "Okay, okay! You were right. I might have overreacted." Kristina laughed and thanked the doctor. "It's quite alright. It's always good to bring in the younger ones if you think something is wrong, just to make sure he's fine." He told her before leaving the room.
     Kristina started helping Parker get Morgan ready to leave. She put his coat on and and his little hat on. "Are you ready little dude?" She asked the smiling baby. Parker finished putting his toys back in his bag and Kristina picked him up, looking over at the blonde. "Feel better?" She asked, reaching for her hand. Parker sighed with a smile. "Yes," She said taking the other woman's hand. "He does have a few teeth coming in though. We should stop and get him some stuff at the store on the way to your mom's. He's got one already in the back and his two front teeth are trying to pop through." She said, suddenly frowning. "Poor baby." She said, looking at the worn out toddler in Kristina's arms. He stared at her for a few seconds but seemed to be going to sleep. "How about I just go in the store?" She asked as they exited the hospital and made their way to the car. "He seems to be all tuckered out." Kristina nodded. "He hasn't had a nap today yet." She explained as she opened the back door and put him in his seat. "He's gonna be out before we even leave the parking lot." Kristina shut the door and she and Parker got in the front. "Didn't even take THAT long." She said with a cheesing grin. "Look at him." She said with pride. They looked at the sleeping boy in the back. "That's our baby," Kristina said and she started the car.

       They made their pit stop and then pulled into Alexis' driveway, but Morgan was still asleep in his seat. "Shit," Kristina said. "I swear if she wakes him up..." Kristina said aloud, thinking of her mother. She decided to just bring in the entire seat. Unbuckling him would only wake him up, so she had Parker run up the driveway and have the door ready for them to walk through. She got the seat out and made her way up the sidewalk. "Dude," She said to the sleeping boy softly, "You way like a million pounds. How are you so big already?" She asked him and Parker walked up to her and took the seat from her hands. "I got him," She told her and gave her a kiss. "I'm gonna go put him in your bedroom. Your mom wants to talk to you about something by the way." She informed her and took off with Morgan into the house. Alexis was waiting at the door. 
      "Sorry we're late mom, we had to take the baby to the doctor." Kristina explained. Alexis gave her a concerned look. "Is he alright?" She asked, stepping aside so her daughter could come in. "Don't worry, he's fine. Parker was a little freaked out this morning. He had a fever and was really upset for a while so we took him to GH. He's just teething apparently." She said with a laugh. "Well that's good," Alexis said, also laughing. "Well not for you two, cause it's gonna suck for you. BUT it's good he's getting his teeth in. He's gonna be eating chinese in no time." She joked. 
      Parker came downstairs baby free and sat down next to Kristina. "Did you tell her yet?" She asked Alexis who immediately gave her a glare. "No actually, I hadn't. She was filling me in on Morgan." Parker slumped down a little bit in her chair. "But now that you've brought it up, I might as well. Kristina.... Now I know you said he didn't need a lot of stuff-" Alexis began but was interrupted. "Mom, you didn't-" Kristina said. "But I saw some things and I really couldn't resist-" Alexis continued. "Please tell me it's nothing extreme," Kristina interrupted again. "So please don't kill me." Her mother finished up. "What exactly did you get him mom?" Kristina asked, hoping she didn't regret the question. She looked over at Parker who was biting her finger, trying not to laugh. "Don't ask me, I'm Switzerland here. Go look in your room." She said shaking her head and letting quiet snickers escape her mouth. Kristina stood up and looked at her mother who just shrugged her shoulders. She walked up the stairs and peeked into her room where Morgan was sleeping and saw the room literally full of baby things, some wrapped as gifts and some still out in the open. Kristina walked back downstairs with and faced her mother with a hand on her hip. "Not that it isn't appreciated, BUT WHAT THE HELL MOM? We agreed that Parker and I were gonna do this ourselves like normal parents." Kristina told her firmly. Alexis gave her an awkward half smile. "Merry Christmas?"