Chapter 47

"This is nice," Parker said, burying her toes in the sand. They were at the beach watching Morgan play in the water while they got a tan. "Yes it is, and thank you. It's been a long time since we've been to the beach." Kristina told her. It had been 7 years or so since their honeymoon, and that was the last time either one of them had seen the ocean."At least this time we don't have to worry about anything crazy."
     That's why I chose the location, Parker thought to herself. The last time they had went to a beach was when they went to the safe house on the island. Other than Nelle showing up and almost killing everyone, it was awesome.
    "Im glad we got to bring Morgan out here," Parker said. "You know he wants to try surfing?" Kristina turned towards her a smiled. "Really?" She asked. "I didn't think he'd want to go that far into the water." Parker nodded. "He asked me as soon as we got out of the truck. I told him he'd have to talk to you, not me. You're the one who knows how to do all that." She said waving her hands in the direction of the surf. 
    Kristina leaned over and kissed her wife. "No problem. I like the fact that he actually wants me to do something for him. He always wants you lately, not that I blame him.''
Parker reached for her hand. "It's not like that honey," She reassured her. "He just knows that it doesn't take me twenty minutes to start the four wheeler for him." Kristina laughed. "You are such an ass." She told her, playfully smacking her arm. "And it was only ten."
     "Mom!" Morgan yelled suddenly, running up to her from the water. He had something in his hand. "What is that?" Parker asked him as he knelt down in front of them. "I found a shell!" He said proudly. "It just washed up on the shore. Look," he said, rolling it over. It had legs. "Baby," Kristina began, "You have to put that down. It's a crab." Morgan shrieked and threw it. Parker laughed while Kristina's face was suddenly firm. "He wasn't gonna hurt you Morgan," She said glaring at her wife who was wiping a tear away. "It's not funny Parker." She turned back to face her son. "You don't throw any type of animals, even if you are scared of them. There are a lot of those little hermit crabs around here, but we don't normally get to see them at this hour. I'm thinking he probably got sucked out with the tide." 
       Morgan frowned. "Okay mom. I'm sorry I threw it." He told her bending down for a hug. "It's okay this time," She told him. "But next time, just remember what I said." He nodded. "Go play for a little while longer because it's almost time to go to the hotel. We'll be getting up early tomorrow so I can show you how to ride some waves before we head home." She explained and he took off running with a smile.
      When he left she turned to face the blonde."I literally had just told him there was a living animal in it and his first instinct was to throw it." Parker laughed again, totally gaining another glare, but it was worth it. "Maybe he does take after you after all." Parker joked. "I mean, he was like you anytime you see something with fur that isn't a cat or a dog. Like remember that one time with the raccoon-" "Parker?" Kristina interrupted. "Yes babe?" She replied. "Shut up." That only fueled her fit of giggles more.