Chapter 27

Kristina had just put the last dish into the dishwasher when her wife and child walked through the front door. It was the day after the school lunch and she was nervous as to how effective her conversation with Tyler's mother had been.
      "Mommy!" Morgan screamed excitedly as he ran towards her and jumped into her arms. "Hey kid!" She said as she ruffled his hair. "How was school today?" Morgan looked between Parker and Kristina before telling her his good news. "Tyler said he was sorry today and that he wouldn't be picking on me anymore!" He grinned his cheesy grin that his parents loved as he held up a juice box. "He even gave me his juice." 
      Kristina smiled back at the boy and hugged him tightly. "Well that was very nice of him, wasn't it?" Parker popped into the conversation. "Yes it was,'' She said. "And it was also very random." She said as she gave her wife a side eye. "Why don't you go take your shoes off and put your backpack up." She told Morgan. "Okay Mama." He said, taking the hint and walking down the hall to his room.
      "Honey," Parker began. "Wanna tell me whats going on?" Kristina began to speak but was interrupted. "And please, don't lie to me." Parker watched her wife's face go sour. "You're gonna get mad if I tell you." She said looking down at her feet. She felt the blonde's hands find her face and lift it up. "That could be true," She admitted. "That being said, I love you even when I'm angry. Spill." She instructed.
      "Well...." Kristina was having trouble wording it. She knew Parker was not a fan of physical confrontation. She decided she had just better spit it out. "When I left the lunch his mother was waiting at her car and she kept insulting me which was fine so I just said some snide comments but then she said a whole bunch of extremely insulting things about you and I just lost it so I might have let a little of my dad's side come out."
     Parker looked at her wife who was clearly still upset about the situation and decided it was best not to ask much more about it.  She only had one more question.  "Where you verbal or physical?" Kristina made a sour face. "Both?" She stated in a squeaky almost silent voice. Parker sighed before pulling the smaller woman into her body for a hug. 
     "I knew who you were when I married you." Parker told her before kissing her forehead. "And I know I don't need to say it, but I'm going to anyway." She pulled away from kristina so she could look into her eyes. "Please be careful Kristina. I know you are more than capable of taking care of yourself, and everyone in this house now that I think about it. I just don't want you getting hurt okay?" Kristina leaned her face into Parker's hand. "I know, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it, especially at school. I just really hate people like that you know? Why would someone teach their kid to hate someone for being different?" Parker shook her head. "I couldn't tell you why. Some people are just raised to think that it's okay I guess." Kristina thought of how upset her son was when he told her what was happening at school. "Well those people are idiots and they don't deserve children." Parker nodded her head in agreement. "That's a fact." 
     Just then Morgan came back in the room. "Are you done talking about grown up stuff?" He asked innocently?  Parker and Kristina both gave him a smirk. "Yes." They replied in unison. "Wanna watch HOME ?" Parker asked him and he started jumping up and down. "Yes please!" He said and she walked into the living room the put it on Netflix. 
    Before he followed her out, he stopped and gave Kristina one more hug. He squeezed her tight and lowered his voice to whisper. "I know I wasn't supposed to be listening, but thank you." He told her genuinely. He didn't elaborate any because he knew by the look on his mother's face he didn't need to. She got down on her knees so she could be face to face with him. "You're welcome, but let me tell you something. You never have to thank me for standing up for you. It's my job to make sure you are safe in all aspects. I will always do what I can to make sure that you have the best life possible. Okay?" She said kissing her son on his cheek and hugging him once more. He gave her a soft smile. "Okay Mom." He replied. Kristina stood back up. "Go watch your movie," She instructed him and he took off to watch his cartoon. That kid is something else.