Chapter 7

Kristina's phone rang while she was making Morgan's lunch the next day. "Well look at that!" She said to her son. "We were needing to talk to grandpa anyways weren't we." She said placing his lunch on the tray of his high chair so he could eat.
     "Hello?" She said when she answered. "Sorry dad, was getting the baby's lunch ready. What's up?" She asked. "Should I call you back?" Sonny asked. Kristina put her phone down but turned the speaker. "Nah, you're fine dad. I've got the loud speaker on though, so he might try and talk to you." She said with a laugh. "That's fine with me! Anytime he wants to talk to grampa just let me know!" He told her. "Actually, he did say mama yesterday!" She said excitedly.  "Parker and I about lost our minds, we were so happy." She informed him, and she could hear the smile in his voice. "Well did he now? That's my big boy!" Sonny exclaimed. Morgan looked towards the source of the noise he was hearing and saw the phone. He squealed in delight and reached for it. "No no, Morgan. You don't get mommy's phone." She explained to him. "But you can have one of these." She told him, handing him a cheese puff to gnaw on. 
     "Hey," She said to her father. "Now that I have you on the phone, I wanted to ask you about something." She began. "Remember when I said I had to leave work so I can stay at home with Morgan?" She asked. Sonny acknowledged. "Yes. What about it?" He asked. "Well... I was wondering if there was a way I could possibly get the job back and run it from home? I want to still be around the baby, but it's more money than what Parker makes. I wanted her to be able to not have to work so many hours." She told him and waited in silence as he thought it over.
     "Princess, all you had to do was ask. There might be some loopholes to where you can work from home, I'll see what I can do.  Have you discussed it with her yet?" He asked her. "Yup, just last night. She said she thought it sounded like a good idea. She wants to spend more time with us too, but she still wants to work so she's gonna take the substitute teacher position at PCU. She'll maybe work 2 or 3 days a week, and I'm fine with that." She admitted. 
Sonny clicked his tongue. "Alright then. I'll make some calls and have you back in charge by the end of the week." Kristina grinned ear to ear. "Thanks daddy!" She told him. "Yeah, yeah. I've never met a girl so spoiled." He joked and she cleared her throat. "Whatever! Avery is way more spoiled than I am!" He laughed into the phone. "She's also only a year old. Anyway, I have to get back to work princess. Tell Parker I said hello and give my grandson love from me. Love you kid." He told her and hung up.
     "Did you hear that? Mommy has her job back and Mama will be home a lot more. Are you excited?" She asked Morgan. He picked up a cheeto and put it in his mouth. "You could care less right now, I'm sure. Too focused on the food." She told him with a laugh and he gave her a smile. "Good enough for me," She said opening her texts. She pulled up Parker's thread.
Good news babe. I got my job back! She texted. A few seconds later, Parker replied. Heck yes! I'm so happy for you! Btw I told my boss about the schedule change. Ill fill you in more at home. Love you 😍😘
       Kristina finished helping Morgan eat and then took him out of his seat. "Time for a nap macho man." She told him, kissing his cheek. "Mommy's gonna cheat this time." She said, carrying him to her and Parker's bedroom. She put him in the middle of their bed and climbed in beside him. "Are you tired too?" She asked him softly and he just stared at her silently. "That would be a yes." She said and started playing with his hair as she tucked him into her body. Before long, they were both out like a light.