Chapter 33

Kristina grabbed her keys and was just about to leave when Morgan approached her. "Where are you goin' mom?" He asked. She looked over at her wife who was just shaking her head. "Don't look at me." Parker said with a laugh. "You really should have seen that coming."  Kristina smiled at the curly headed boy. "I'm gonna go see grandma for a little bit." She told him. His face lit up. "Can I go too mom? Can I? Please?" He said, using the same puppy eyes that she herself used on Parker pretty regularly. They seem to be effective, in both cases apparently. "Sure. Go put a jacket on first though, I don't want you to get sick." He agreed and took off running to his bedroom. 
     Parker stood up and walked over to the doorway where the smaller girl was still standing. "Do you want me to go and assist with him or am I fine here?" She asked. Kristina let Parker pull her in to hold her. "You're fine here. He's not too bad over there. If he gets too spoiled I'll just leave him there for the night and let mom deal with it." She said with a smile as she kissed the taller woman. "Only if you're sure," Parker replied, running her hands through her hair. "I want to look up some stuff anyways." Kristina pulled back slightly and looked up at her. "Oh yeah? Like what?" She asked. Parker kissed her nose. "I'll fill you in when you get back." She said acknowledging their son who had returned not only with his jacket on but a purple helmet on his head and his skateboard in tow. "Why are you bringing that?" Kristina asked him. "I wanna show gramma what you taught me. Please can't I bring it mom?" She signaled for him to get moving towards the door. "Fine, but if she asks how you ended up with it, I'm blaming you." Morgan laughed. "That's actually what mama said about you when she let me get it!" She looked at Parker who shrugged. "What can I say? You are your mother's daughter." She said and Kristina playfully smacked her arm. "Whatever," She said getting one more kiss from her. "Give mama love Morgan, it's time to go to grandma's house."

     "Mom?" Morgan said from the backseat as they made their way to Alexis' house. "What is it buddy?" She asked, looking into the rear view mirror briefly before turning her eyes back to the road. "Why do we live in Port Charles?" He asked. His mother raised a brow. "Because this is where home is I guess. Why do you ask?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I was just wondering. I liked going camping. Mama was telling me about how she used to live with Papaw Dave and Nana when she was little. She said she used to go fishing all the time and could run around outside and there was so much room for her to play. She said she even used to live next to cows mom... COWS!" Kristina tried to contain her laughter, she really did but failed. "Cows huh? You like cows?" She asked. "Yes ma'am I do." And she thinks he sounds like me, she thought to herself. "They stink though." She informed him. "So do babies, but people keep having those." He replied. Kristina laughed again. "You aren't lying there. Did you like it out there?" She asked him and he nodded ferociously. "It was very quiet out there and there weren't many cars or people. Plus, it was very pretty. I wish we could live somewhere like that." 
     Kristina gave it some thought. She knew Parker would definitely prefer to live somewhere like that. Kristina herself liked the isolation, just not the distance to and from work. That's a lot of gas. "How about this?" She began. "I'll talk to mama when we get home and we'll see what happens." Morgan smiled. "Works for me mom!" He said as they pulled into Alexis' driveway. "Good deal. Right now though, lets just worry about getting in there and seeing  grandma." She said as she put the car in park. "That being said, let's not mention this conversation to her. She might not be as easy to talk to about it as mama is." Morgan unbuckled his seatbelt. "You don't have to tell me twice mom. I know how she gets." Kristina smiled at her mini me. "That's my boy." She said and they got out and went to see her mother.