Chapter 32

"Mama." Parker heard as she felt a poke to her face. She rolled over, honestly hoping he would leave her alone and go back to sleep. "Maaaama."  She should have known better. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "What is it son?"  Morgan made a pained face. "I have to pee." Parker sat up. "Why don't you just go outside the tent? No one can see you out here kid." She asked him. "I don't wanna go outside by myself. There are monsters out there." She looked over at Kristina who was still sound asleep. "Alright," She said as she stood up and walked with him outside. "But just to be clear, there are absolutely no monsters out here. Possibly some animals, but I promise that they are more scared of you than you are of them." She explained as she turned around and he walked around to the backside of the tent out of view. He finished what he was doing and came back around to the front. "What kind of animals?" He asked. 
     Parker thought about it for a moment. She for a fact knew that if she mentioned to him that there were mountain lions or coyotes, it probably wouldn't do much for his current state of anxiety. She decided to take a more mellow approach. "Just deer and things like that. Maybe some rabbits, a skunk or two." She said, causing him to laugh. "I want to see a skunk!" He said excitedly. "Shhhhh." She said quietly. "Mom's still sleeping remember?" Morgan giggled. "Sorry mom." Parker ruffled his hair. "You're fine kiddo." 
      She looked down at her watch. "The sun is gonna be up soon. Are you going back to bed or are we up for the day. He gave her the same smile that her wife was so well known for giving. "Can we stay up please?" Parker nodded. "But we have to get away from this tent before we wake up your mother." He followed her over to the truck bed. "That wouldn't be good for anyone." He said. "Smart kid." Parker said with a laugh. She pulled out two fishing poles and handed him one. "Wanna go fishing?" 

      Kristina woke up in an empty tent. She popped outside and didn't see anyone out there either. *At least I know he's safe if they went off somewhere*, she thought to herself as she went back in to change out of her pajamas. She put on a tank and some cut-offs and made her way back outside. 
      When she got there, she saw her little family coming up the hill from what she could only assume was the creek considering they had fishing poles in their hands. "Hey you two!" She said as they both came up to her. "Mommy!" Morgan said as he jumped up and down, pulling on her arm. "What is it?" She asked, still waking up. "I caught a fish!" He beamed. She leaned down and hugged him. "Did you really? That's my boy!." She said. "Correction," Parker joined in. "Thats *my* boy." She said with a laugh. "You can't even bait a hook." Kristina glared at her. "Woman, don't start with me. I haven't had any coffee yet." Parker laughed even harder. She found cranky Kristina to be slightly amusing. "Well then," She said  kissing her wife on her cheek. "Good morning to you too ."  She pulled a thermos out of the drivers seat of the truck and handed it to her. "I made some before we left. It should still be hot." She said as she handed it to her. Kristina took it and her face went red from embarrassment. "Sorry." She told her. "I'm still half asleep." Parker pulled her in for a hug. "No need to apologize Mobster Princess. I can take it." She said with a smile. 
       Kristina rolled her eyes playfully before turning back to their son. "Where is your fish?" Morgan frowned. "Mama said I had to put it back in the water. Something about catch and release?" Parker nodded. "That's right. We only keep it if we have to eat it and right now, we have plenty of food at home yeah?" Morgan agreed. "Yes ma'am. Besides mom," He said, now speaking to Kristina again. "It was fun just catching it.'' Kristina grinned at the happy boy. "We will have to come back soon. I'm sure mama wouldn't complain if we did it more often. "I most certainly would not." Parker agreed. "But for now my loves, it's time to go home."
      The took down the tents, loaded up the poles and the four wheelers before loading up in the truck. Just before the pulled out to leave, Parker heard music to her ears. Morgan was in the backseat looking out the window. "Man. I wish we could live here."