The Drive-In

FP shares the last class of the day with Mary Prince. History, one of his least favourite subjects.

He takes his seat in the desk beside hers and she looks up from her notebook to give him a friendly smile.

"Alright spill." She says as she turns her body towards him.

"What?" He questions, laughing.

"Alice, I saw the way you were looking at her, you've never looked at anyone that way. So what are you two?"

"We haven't talked about that yet, it all just happened."

"When?"

"Well, I met her on Monday."

"Monday? And you're already this crazy about her!" She says excitedly, not even bothering to hide the grin on her face.

"She's great Mary, she's really great. I've never met anyone like her before. We just, we get along so well, and we have so much in common. It's like I've known her my whole life."

"I've never heard you talk about anyone like this. Ever! And I've known you since kindergarten."

"What do you think about her?"

"She's really nice, funny, pretty, very bold. Definitely your type of girl."

"She's incredible. Gosh." He says as he slumps back in his seat.

"It's nice seeing you finally admitting you have feelings." She says, causing him to laugh.

"We have a date tonight."

"A date?"

"Yeah, I took her for a little tour around the Southside the other day and I showed her the drive-in. Actually it's where we had our first kiss." He says with a fond smile. "Anyway, that's where we're going tonight."

"The drive-in? Nothing innocent ever happens at the drive-in, especially not with you."

"It's different with her Mary."

"Alright, alright, I believe you."

"I'm telling you, this girl, she's something else. I'm crazy about her and it hasn't even been a week."

"I can tell she's pretty crazy about you too."

"You think?"

"Are you completely oblivious? The way you two look at each other? No doubt there's something going on there." He smiles at the thought and then the teacher comes in, interrupting he and Mary's conversation.

The class went by surprisingly fast, probably because he was too focused on Alice, and what Mary had said.

The last bell of the day rang and FP went to his locker. It was finally time for his date with Alice.

He grabbed his bag and closed his locker.
"What are you in such a rush for?" Fred said as he came up to his locker.

"I got that date with Alice tonight."