Taunting

She doesn't leave her bed for a week. The Sisters have to bring her her food because she won't get up. The polaroid photo she took of Chic has tear stains on it, she can't let it go.

"Miss Smith, you have a visitor." Sister Whitely tells her. She doesn't answer.

She watches as Hal walks in and he sighs as he looks at her. "What's wrong, Alice? They told me you haven't left your room in a week."

She glares at him and sits up. "What's wrong? What's wrong is that you signed off for my baby to be taken away from me."

"You agreed to it!"

"You manipulated me into agreeing! That was my baby, my son, and you convinced me that I was going to be a horrible mother and that he would have a shitty life."

"He would have!"

"No, he wouldn't of! Because I love him, he's my baby, he was going to be so loved. Yeah maybe it would be difficult but I would make it work." She sighs. "You're just afraid of what people would think."

"Alice-"

"No! You're ashamed of me and the fact that I got pregnant, you're mad because it's not your fucking baby, Hal. Not because of me getting pregnant but because it's his baby!"

"Stop it." He hisses through clenched teeth.

"What? Am I making you mad? Jealous?" She gets out of her bed and steps closer to him, so close he can feel her breath on him. "Are you thinking about me lying underneath FP? Naked? Our naked, sweaty bodies grinding against one another. Thinking about how he touched me and how I liked it, how I let him touch me. How he did things to your precious little Alice that would make the pope blush? Huh Hal? Are you thinking about that? Are you thinking about FP and I fu-" His hand comes in contact with her cheek with a loud smack before she can even finish her taunting.

She holds her cheek and glares at him with tears in her eyes. "Get out."

He tries to reach for her, pleading with her but she shoves him away. "Alice, I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"Get out!" She yells at him. "I don't want you here so get the hell out of my room or I'll scream for someone to forcibly remove you."

He doesn't say anything else, just gets up and silently walks out the door.

She crumbles as soon as he's gone, sinking down to the floor in a heap of tears.

_____

"Sweetheart?" She turns to see her mom and dad in the doorway.

She runs to them and hugs them tight. "Hi. I've missed you so much." 

"Alice, honey, are you alright?" Her father asks.

"They took him away."

"We know sweetheart, that's why we're here. We're taking you home."

"You are?" They nod. "Hal told me I wouldn't be able to take care of him, I wouldn't be able to give him a good life. Maybe he's right."

Her parents don't say anything, not wanting to upset her more, instead they hug her. Holding her tight as she cries. "It's going to be alright, you're coming home."