Date

When Alice gets home from visiting FP she heads up to her bedroom with the phone in hand and dials Hal's phone number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Alice."

"I was hoping you'd call." She can practically hear the smile in his voice.

"Just wanted to call and tell you that I'm free tomorrow."

"So are you up for some milkshakes and a movie?"

"Yeah... that sounds nice."

_____

"You know I was a little worried you'd say no." Hal says as they sit in a booth across from one another. "I mean I know I wasn't exactly your favourite person last year so I didn't think you'd willingly spend time with me."

"You definitely weren't my favourite person last year. But you've grown up a lot between them and now, you're more mature... you're actually tolerable to be around now."

"Gee thanks." She laughs and he smiles. "You have a pretty laugh, and an even prettier smile."

"Thanks, Hal."

He reaches for her hand and holds it, stroking his thumbs across skin.

_____

"You want some popcorn?" Hal asks her.

"Um, sure."

He orders an extra large popcorn for them to share and orders some candy and drinks for them as well.

He hooks an arm around her waist as they walk towards the theatre their movie is playing in. She can feel Chic moving around wildly in her stomach and can't help but smile as she thinks he's trying to move away from Hal's hand.

"Where do you want to sit?" She thinks on it for a moment before taking his hand and leading him up to the higher seats.

She walks them all the way to the back row. "Now if the movie ends up sucking we can talk without disturbing people... plus, well, you know." She smokes charmingly at him and even in the dark she can see his cheeks flush.

They sit down and practically devour the popcorn as they watch the movie. Hal curls his arm around her shoulder and she leans into him, actually enjoying herself much to her surprise.

A particularly loud sound makes them both jump and they laugh quietly. "You're really beautiful, you know that right?" Hal strokes her cheek with his thumb and she smiles, her own hand coming to rest on his cheek.

And then it happens... he kisses her.