"A Home For Troubled Youth"

There's a soft knock on her door and when she doesn't answer it opens slowly. "Hey." She lifts her head up to see Hal standing in her doorway.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Come on, don't-" he sighs and walks over to her. "I just want to talk. I want to apologize, I said some pretty harsh things to you."

"You were a complete dick." She lays back down and he hears her sniffle.

"Yeah... I was, I admit that. I was just shocked."

"FP was shocked too but he didn't tell me to kill my child before he even has a chance at life."

"I guess that was a bit extreme, it's just... my cousin Helen got pregnant at eighteen and that's what she did. My entire family thought it was the right thing to do, I guess I just thought the same because of them."

"He has ears."

"What?" His eyebrows crinkle in confusion.

Alice sits up and glares at him. "He has ears. He heard you when you suggested termination."

"He's a fetus, Alice. I don't think he even knew what I meant."

"Maybe not but he could tell you were angry. He knows when someone's talking lovingly or sweet to him, he kicks like a little soccer player."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to upset you or... him. I just wanted you to know you don't have to do this all alone, you have options." He draws her close and she lays her head on his shoulder.

"Not really."

"Actually," he takes a seat next to her and she scoots away from him. He sighs but continues anyway. "there's this place, The Sisters of Quiet Mercy. They'd take good care of you and the baby."

"I've never heard of them."

"A home for troubled youth-" she glares at him and he backtracks. "not that your troubled, Alice. Just... they can help you. They'll take good care of you and the baby and that way you can be stress free during the next few months."

"It sounds kind of nice, I guess. I mean, juggling school, pregnancy, keeping up my visits to FP... it's all been pretty difficult."

"So why don't you go stay with The Sisters? I can call and get you in."

"You can?"

"Yeah, of course. Whatever you want."

"That sounds nice, Hal." He pecks a kiss to her forehead and slowly creeps his hand towards her bump. He doesn't feel any kick or movement in response. "He must be sleeping."

"That or he doesn't like me." Hal jokes but Alice really doesn't think it's that far out. She takes a laugh herself to make him feel better but can't seem to shake the uneasy feeling.