Plotting

FP wakes up as the phone rings through the trailer. He groans and slips out of bed, walking to the living room to answer it. "Hello?" He grumbles.

"Hello, Forsythe." Penny's wicked voice speaks on the other end of the line.

"Great, this is exactly who I wanted to talk to first thing in the morning. What do you want, Penny?"

"I want you to meet me early at school."

"Huh? Why?"

"Meet me and find out."

"Penny I can't, I have to pick up Alice and I can't be late for class again or they'll send my ass to detention."

"Well then you better not be late. And besides, Alice can drive herself, you don't need to go pick her up every morning."

"I know I don't have to, I like to."

"Whatever, I couldn't care less about her if I tried, just meet me at your locker in 15 minutes."

"Penny I'm not-"

"Come or your girlfriend will pay the price."

"Don't you lay a finger on her."

"Meet me at school and I won't have to."

"Fine." He hangs up the phone with a huff and dials the Andrew's number.

"Hello?" Mrs. Andrews cheerily chirps into the phone.

"Hi, Mrs Andrews, it's FP, could I speak to Fred?"

"Sure, dear, I'll go get him!" He can practically hear the smile in the woman's voice.

"Thank you." A few second later Fred speaks into the phone. "Freddie! I need you to pick up Alice for me!"

"What? Where is she?"

"At her house. I just can't pick her up, I have some last minute stuff to do."

"Can't she drive herself? I don't want to be late."

"Fred please? I'm worried about something and I don't want her being alone."

"Is everything alright?"

"It will be. Just, please, do this for me?"

There's a pause on the other end of the line and then Fred sighs. "Fine. But if she's not up when I get there I'm dumping a bucket of ice water on her."

"Fine, just as long as you're with her. But I'm not paying for your funeral when she kills you for dumping ice water on her."

"Right, maybe I shouldn't do that."

____________

Fred gets ready for school and then drives to the Southside of town to pick up Alice. Her mom answers the door. "Hi, Mrs Smith, I'm not sure you know me. I'm Fred Andrews, Alice's friend. FP was supposed to pick Alice up but he's running a little late and asked if I could."