Computer Crash

"Shit!" Hal hisses. "Shit, no, no!" He smacks the side of his computer and Alice looks up at him confused.

"What happened?"

"Computer just crashed."

"What? Are you sure?" She drops her pencil and rushes over to see for herself.

"It's not something I would lie about, Alice." He sighs. "I had half the damn article written out."

"Just rewrite it on the other computer."

"I can't, while you were gone Mr Dewey told me they were unhooking the computers so they could get better ones. He left this one for me since I was the only one working on it."

"Shit." Alice sighs.

"We can go to my place. If you're alright with that?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

So they head to Hal's house. "We can just go up to my room, I have a computer in there." Of course you do, she thinks to herself but follows him up nonetheless.

"I'll just keep planning out next issue while you do that. Let me know if you need me to look over anything or need notes." Alice sits on his bed and pulls out her notepad, scribbling away in it.

A while later she looks up to see Hal smiling at her. "Jeez, how long have you been staring at me?"

"Not long, you just look so cute all busy in your writing I didn't want to disturb you." Her cheeks flush. "I finished the article, you wanna read it over? See if you can bust me on any grammar mistakes?"

"Damn right I do." She jumps up and walks over to him. She lays her hand on his shoulder as she reads over his article. "It's "they're" not "their"." Alice points to a sentence on the screen.

Hal's cheeks flush. "Damnit, I really thought I had everything perfect. I proof read it and everything."

Alice laughs and makes the quick fix. "Other than that it's perfect. Send it in!"

He send it to their teacher to approve. "Done! We did it!"

"Yeah we did!" She high fives him and he links their fingers together as he smiles down at her.

"Thanks for all your help. You really jumped back into your role on the paper when you got back, you're a great writer."

"Thanks, Hal. You're not too bad yourself."

As he smiles at her she can't help but hear FP's words echoing in her mind. "Don't wait for me."