Anniversary

The cool October air blows over them, blowing the light fabric of Alice's dress up a little bit. She shivers and FP shrugs off his flannel to drape it over her shoulders. "Thank you." She smiles softly and scoots a little closer to him, looking out over the water.

It's their one year anniversary, it sounds so stupid to them to admit it out load but they still wanted to celebrate it in some sort of way. Hell, if you had of told FP a year ago that he was going to be in a serious, committed relationship he never would have believed you. But here he is. Here they are.

"FP?"

"Yeah?" He cocks his head to look at her.

"What are your plans after school finishes?"
It's a valid question, but he has no clue. He's always embarrassed to tell people what he wants to do with his life, write. It's his passion. But any time he's mentioned it people just laugh and say "A Serpent becoming a writer? Be reasonable." But this is Alice he's talking to, the only person who won't judge him, the only one who knows everything about him and still loves him for it, the only person he can tell anything to.

"Well I want to go to college, but we'll see."
"You do?"

"Yeah, for something English related, probably journalism."

"Come to Berkeley with me." She says casually.
"Yeah?"

"Yeah." She turns to him and smiles, which only causes him to smile at the sight.

"Alright you have yourself a deal. I mean, I have to be accepted but if I am then you have a deal."

She laughs softly. "Good." She leans forward, resting against one of the cold metal bars of the bridge. "What else do you want to do?"

"Get the hell out of this town." He says. That causes her to turn her head quickly, almost in a panic.

"You want to leave?"

"Yeah, I've always wanted to. You're telling me you've never thought about it?"

"No I have, I just don't like the idea of you thinking it." She says, and he laughs a little.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't like the idea of not being with you." She says causally, turning her head to focus on the water rushing below them.

He smiles to himself before reaching out to touch her cheek, turning her attention back to him. "You're coming with me."

"I am?"

"Well, if you want to." He says, watching as she tries to fight the smile threatening to form on her lips. "That's been the plan for a while, get the hell out of here and take you with me. Start our lives together somewhere other than here."

"Sounds like a dream." She scoots a little closer to him and leans against the metal bars of the bridge. He smiles and hooks an arm around her waist. "So in this future life together, what's happening?"

"Hmm, I'm not entirely sure." He says as he thinks. "I know I'm gonna marry you."

"Oh yeah?" She smiles brightly at the thought of marrying him.

"Yeah. And you're gonna look incredible, even more so than usual. And you're going to own the town newspaper."

"Really?"

"Mhm, and we're gonna rule the Serpents."

"Of course." She says, he smiles and pulls her closer to his side. "So in this future life together, do we have kids?"

"Yes. Two. A boy and girl. She's beautiful, looks just like you." He says, causing them both to smile.

"What are their names?"

"I'm not sure." He ponders before turning to her again. "What do you think?"

"I don't know, they need something different, nothing too boring or something you hear all the time."

"Chic for a boy." He decides on.
"Chick? Like the bird?" She asks and he laughs.
"Yes, but without the k, looks cooler."

"Alright, I like it. Chic it is." She says and they share a smile. She can picture a little boy, FP's twin no doubt, running around the house in a little leather jacket. She smiles at the thought. "What about for a girl?" She wonders.

"I have no idea." He thinks about it for a minute before asking her. "What about you?"

"I always liked the name Poppy. Something different." She suggests and he smiles at the name, Poppy, he can picture it. A little girl with wavy blonde hair and blue eyes just like Alice. She'll be beautiful no doubt, just like her mother.

"I like it." She turns to him and smiles.

"We can call her P for short."

She smiles. "I like it." She says, and then she starts laughing.

"What?" He asks, laughing himself.

"If you put their names together they'd be Chickpea." She explains, he laughs at the thought.

"Oh man they're going to hate us for that."

"They will." She agrees, with a grin. She moves closer to him and leans into his side, hooking her arm with his. "I didn't know you thought about that kind of stuff." She says, he smiles a little and wraps his arm around her a little tighter.

"I've thought it for a while."

"How come you never said it before than?"

"Didn't want to scare you away."

"Trust me," She says as she looks up into his eyes. "I'm not going anywhere."

He smiles and places a hand on her cheek and leans in slowly to kiss her. She kisses him back, pressing herself into him more, he holds onto her tightly, not wanting the night to end.

"I love you." She says as she pulls back from the kiss, leaning her forehead against his.

"I love you, too." He kisses her again, falling more and more in love with her as the seconds tick by.

____________

A/N
I have had this chapter written for so long and I've been so excited to post it because it's one of my favourites. Hope you enjoyed! (And sorry for the super long hiatus, I have a few chapters planned now so stay tuned because you're in for a wild ride.)