"Ready."

I apologize for all the time jumps but I just don't want to drag on certain events and I have some stuff planned so I want to get to it.

_____

Graduation goes by smoothly and, much to her delight, Alice gets her diploma. Hal convinced her to follow him to Yale, he even bribed the headmaster into letting her in after registration closed.

She had always dreamed of Berkeley but she figures Yale could be good too, it's certainly impressive.

FP wasn't exactly thrilled when she told him she was still with Hal, he hates him for hurting her, for manipulating her. He also wasn't thrilled when she told him Hal had gotten her into Yale. He was so proud of her for getting into Berkeley using just her smarts, but now she's going to Yale because of her Hal's money and fear of not being able to control her.

He hasn't been calling her much, of course thy talk still, it's just not as frequent. It's gone from multiple times a week to just once or twice. They're usually short conversations.

He had asked for her to come visit but she always ends up canceling last minute, telling him that she has to go somewhere with Hal but she'd visit soon. She never follows up on the promise however and FP is left waiting by the visitation room every week in hopes that she'll come.

She never did.

_____

The first couple of months at Yale aren't the most entertaining for Alice but she knows she's getting a great education so she focuses on that.

She and Hal have their own place on campus that they share with a few other students, even though his parents disapprove of them living together. They made that clear when they came home on a school break.

It wasn't really a surprise to her that they disapproved, what did surprise her was what Hal said to her as they laid in his bed.

He's kissing her and running his hands up and down her sides, just barely grazing his fingertips underneath her shirt. He pulls away and just looks into her eyes. "You okay, Hal?" She questions.

"I think I'm ready."

She thought he was going to end up waiting until marriage, so the revelation is a complete shock.

"You're sure?" She asks, leaning up on her elbow.

"Yes." He pauses before continuing. "But not here."

A little thrill runs through her at the thought of consummating their relationship under his parents roof, Evelyn would surely lose her mind if she found out Alice had defiled her baby boy while they were in the next room.

"Well then where?"

"How about tomorrow night, Lover's Lane?"

"Alright." She smiles and kisses him. "Only if you're sure."

"I'm positive." He kisses her hungrily and slides his hand up to cup her breast through her t-shirt.

"Easy there tiger, save it for tomorrow night." She winks at him and snuggles up to him.