Tryouts

Alice came strutting up this after her last class of the day, her notebook hugged tight to her chest.

"You ready?" She asks him.

Today is tryout day and FP said he wanted to try out and he plans on staying true to that.

"Yeah, lets go." He seems a little nervous and she notices as she squeezes his hand tight.

"You'll do great baby." She assures him, he hopes so.

They walk hand in hand to the football field and see Hermione and Mary saving her a seat in the bleachers, Fred is already out on the field.

She turns to FP with a big smile on her face and she leans in, giving him a big good luck kiss.

"Knock em' dead baby, you got this." She reassures him once more before turning on her heel and walking up to find her seat beside Mary and Hermione.

"Hey, you came!" Fred says once he joins him on the field, patting his shoulder.

"Said I would." He says as he looks wearily into the bleachers. Alice gives him a big thumbs up and that gorgeous smile of hers and he feels a hell of a lot better.

The coach starts the tryouts as soon as everyone is there. He starts by having them run down the field, testing their speed.

Alice jots down in her notebook who the fastest is, and who the slowest is.

Next thing he does is test their catching and throwing abilities, making sure they'll actually be able to catch a football when it's flying towards them and of course, seeing if they can throw the ball.

Alice, again jots it all down, her and her friends laughing when one of the balls connects with a boys nose.

Next up is blocking, they need to be able to block the opposite team from getting the ball.
The coach divides them into two teams and assigns them partners who they will have to block.

Once that's over it comes to tackling. An important part and the funnest, as some would say.

The coach once again divides them into two teams.

Fred and FP give each other a look to indicate they're going to be partners in tackling, they've played football together at the park before and they always tackle each other so this should be a piece of cake.

But their plans are halted when Hal Cooper walks over, tapping Fred on the shoulder.

"Fred you're with Toby, I've got FP here." Fred opens his mouth to object but FP just rolls his eyes and nods at him to just drop it.

Alice furrows her brows and squints to watch Hal and FP interact, and when she realizes that they're going to be tackling each other she feels sick to her stomach. This can't be good.

They practice tackling, Hal shoving him out of the way instantly. It doesn't seem to be in the lighthearted, practicing way that was intended, this was deliberate, and FP is having none of it.

He shoved into Hal next time and makes him stumble a bit.

After a few more times FP fully checks him and Hal stumbles to the ground against his best efforts.