The Dance

After school FP and Fred stopped by Pop's Chocklit shop to get something to eat. They stayed there for about an hour or so before FP dropped Fred back off at home.

He hadn't made any plan to go to the Whyte Wyrm but since he had some time on his hands he though, why not.

So he drove his truck to the bar and walked inside, the instant smell of leather, alcohol and cigarettes was like home to him. It's what his house had always smelt like when his father lived with him, it was comforting in a strange way.

He ordered a beer at the bar and soon enough he heard his name being called.

"FP!" A long haired serpent name Tall Boy yelled when he saw FP walk in.

"Hey Tall Boy."

"Didn't know you were stopping by."

"Neither did I."

"Hey did you hear the news?"

"What news?"

"We got a new person going through the last stage of initiation tonight."

"Really?" FP took a sip from his bottle.

"Yeah, and rumour has it she's a pretty young thing."

"It's a girl?"

"That's what I've been told. No ideas what her name is, or where she's from though."

"Ah." FP took another swing of beer as Tall Boy lit up a cigarette.

They talked for a bit before their conversation was interrupted by loud cheering. It's only then that they hear the racy music booming through the speakers.

"Initiation" they speak at the same time as they rise from their stools and hurry to the crowd.
They see a blonde girl dancing suggestively on stage, with her back turned to them, wearing nothing but lacy black lingerie. FP looks at her, her blonde hair seeming oddly familiar to him.

All the young boys in the crowd, and some girls are whistling, while the older men look uncomfortable.

She turns around and FP's jaw almost drops to the floor when he sees that it's Alice. He watches as she continues her dance, but still can't shake how shocked he is by the fact that the plans she told him she had tonight were becoming a Serpent.

She pressed her back against the pole, her hand above her head, as she slowly moved down. That was when he caught her eye.

No doubt she was shocked to see him there but she was also secretly excited that he was here watching her. So she winked at him and smiled a little as she stood up.

FP felt his heart drop as she winked at him, he knew it was directed to him. And he decided quickly that her smile was one of his most favourite things.

She circled the pole, leaning her head back, letting her blonde hair cascade loosely. He watched in awe, not because of the lack of clothing she had on or the way she was dancing, just because she was her.

He didn't know what it was about her that captured his interest so intently, but ever since he saw her today she's been on his mind. Something that hasn't happened with any other girl he had seen before.

It was like the last 4 minutes had gone by in a blur, because before he knew it she was holding onto the pole and arching her body as the last note of the song rang out. She straightened her body slowly, leaning back into the pole. The crowd cheered as she finished her dance, but some were sad to see her finish so soon.

FP shimmied off his jacket and rushed towards the stairs of the stage where she would be coming off.

He got there right as she stepped off the last step.