Need a Break

FP's head hits the back of Alice's couch as he lets out a long sigh. His hands nonchalantly run up and down her legs as they lay in his lap. He's been adjusting to living with his dad again and it's been a hellish two weeks.

He's beyond happy to have his dad back home, he did miss him while he was gone, but the trailer had become his own little place. It was just him, no one else. Like a little sanctuary he could escape to every night.

But now that his dad is back he wants to catch up with his son, find out what he's missed over the past four years. And while FP had expected that he's not exactly fond of it. He's all for bonding with his dad, and he has, they spruced up his truck, repainted the porch, all the while drinking beer and catching up.

Alice had came by often throughout the past two weeks and he was more than grateful for that. She knew he was having a hard time adjusting so she wanted to make it a little easier for him by being there with him. He didn't think he could love her more.

He had told her the last time she came over that he needed to get away, just get out of the trailer and away from his dad for a little bit and Alice had smoked that beautiful of hers and promised to help him out.

So now he's at her house, her feet in his lap, the windows open and letting Alice summer breeze drive through the house. "Can we go to Pops?" He asks, looking over at her. She smiles and nods as she stands up, taking his hand. "Let's go babe."

"Let me guess," Pop says as he comes up to the two teens at their booth. "Burger, fries and a strawberry milkshake for Alice and a burger, onion rings and a chocolate milkshake for FP?"

"Do we really come in here that often that you know our orders?" FP chuckles as he hands over both he and Alice's menu's.

"I never forget a loyal customers order." Pop replies. "Your milkshakes will be out in a couple minutes."

"Thanks Pop." Alice smiles at him, earning herself a smile back.

They sit there, just talking and laughing with one another and their both so caught up in their own little world that they don't even notice the bell above the door ring. That is, until someone yells out for them.

"Hey pornstars, how's it going?" They'd know that voice, and the nickname he so lovingly gave them, anywhere.

"Hi Fred." They say in unison when they turn to see him and Hermione at the entrance of the diner. "Wanna come sit down?" FP asks.

"Love to." Fred says as he and Hermione walk over to their booth. Alice slips out from her side of the booth and joins FP on the other side.

"Looks like my other favourite customers showed up." Pop exclaims as he notices Fred and Hermione now sitting in the booth with their friends. "Do you two want your regulars?"

"Yes please." Fred answers.

"Can I get extra fries with mine?" Hermione asks sweetly.

"You got it." Pop smiles as he walks into the kitchen.

The four of them enjoy their meals, and FP's glad to spend some time with people that aren't his dad. He loves him, but he needed a break.

After they pay and are about to leave FP lays his head on the table and groans. "I don't want to go home."

"I know baby." Alice says as she lays her hand on his back.

"Why don't you want to go home?" Fred questions.

"Shit, I've been so busy with him I haven't had time to tell you. My dad is out of the slammer."

"Senior's out? I thought he was still serving a few more years?"

"Got out on good behaviour, though I'm not sure how, lord knows he was probably running drugs through that place somehow."

"Well at least he's out." Fred says. "Why don't you want to go home?"

"I've spent every waking moment with him, and don't get me wrong, it's been great having him back, but I just need a break you know?"

"Yeah I get it." He says, curling an arm around Hermione as he leans back against the booth. "You can crash at my place tonight if you want to?"

"Yeah?" FP questions.

"Yeah. Parents won't mind. And plus that way you don't got to climb any trees." FP looks at him confused and raises an eyebrow in question. "I mean sneaking into Alice's bedroom dummy."

"Ah, gotcha." FP says. "I just have to drop Al off at her place and grab some clothes from the trailer."

"That's fine, I have to bring Hermione home anyway so just swing by when you're finished." FP nods.

They sit and talk a little while longer, all of them having a good time and not wanting it to be over so soon.

"Hey I have an idea!" Fred exclaims. "Why don't we all go on a camping trip?"

"Camping?" Hermione repeats, scrunching her nose.

"Yeah! We can go for a few days maybe even a full week or something," he looks over at FP. "gets you out of the house for a bit."

"I'm in." FP says, almost immediately.

"Me too." Alice answers as well.

"Well I guess I'll go too then." Hermione reluctantly says.

"Then it's settled, we can work out the dates tomorrow if everyone's free?" All three of them nod. "Alright then. Now let's go home, all that food is making me tired."