Our Son

He really thought it was all a dream, Alice showing up, telling him she loves him, making love to her. He all thought it was just some amazing dream. But there she is, curled up beside him, fast asleep.

He moves closer to her and presses a kiss to her shoulder to wake her up. "Al," he whispers, praying she doesn't regret anything that happened. "Al, wake up." Her eyes flutter open and she smiles sleepily when she sees him.

"Good morning, handsome." She presses a soft kiss to his lips and tucks herself against his side. His arms wrap around her, holding her close as he runs his fingers up and down her bare back.

She traces the Serpent tattoo on his chest.
"I missed you." She tells him quietly, placing a soft kiss just above his heart.

"I missed you so much, Alice. You have no idea, how much." She leans her head up to kiss him and lays her back head on his shoulder.

"I'm so stupid." She sighs.

"You're not stupid, Al. Why do you say that?"

"I just... I've wasted so many years of my life with a man who was such a terrible person. You are perfect, you always have been, you've loved me through everything no matter what."

"You may do some stuff that I don't exactly agree with but I could never hate you for any of it. I would never treat you the way he treats you, Alice."

"I should've just waited for you, then we could have had Charles, we probably would have had more children too. We would've gotten married, my life wouldn't of been such a shit show. The only good part about it all is my girl's."

"I didn't want you to wait for me, that's my fault." He takes her hand and sighs. "I wish I could've been there though. For everything. I wish I could've held your hand during the birth, cut the umbilical cord, held our boy for the first time. I wish we could've raised him, together, as a family."

"I wish we could've too."

An idea sparks in him. "Why don't we?"

"What?" She turns to him, quickly.

"Why don't we find him? He's got to be over 18 now, we can go to the adoption agency and get his information. See if he wants to meet us. It's worth a shot."

"You're sure?" She says leaning up on her elbows to face him.

"He's my son, Alice. He's our son. I want to meet him... I want to meet our son."

She smiles and gives him a long kiss. "Alright, lets do it. We can go to the agency tomorrow and get his information."

"I love you, Alice. I hope you know that I always have."

"Of course I know. I've always known." She kisses him again. "And I love you too."