Locked Up

Lena Adams had never committed a crime in her life. Ever, and she had excelled in school, been a model citizen, and had made her parents proud with her life's accomplishments from the time she was a little girl. The beautiful young light skin woman, also was never one to give into the peer pressures of life for she never smoked, drank or had a so called rebellious stage and for this her parents were relieved and blessed.

Being that she was close to her parents and had no tolerance for anything other then following the rules, Lena graduated from her Dayton, Ohio high school as Valedictorian, and would study abroad in various countries around the world interacting with the highest on the social pole. Receiving her Master's and Doctorate in Education and Physiology at Ohio State by the age of 34 her life seemed as if it would only continue to be successful. That was the plan anyway and she had been determined to make that happen to the best of her ability.

However, what no one saw coming and what no one in this world could ever predict was how Lena's life would change in only a matter of a year. When she moved back from Paris and started her internship in Ohio she met a man named Drew Eric who at first glance appeared charismatic, charming and intelligent. He was, sure he was all of that but he was also a manipulative abusive con artist, which he hid well from Lena and it was unfortunate how quick she fell for him.

With only a month of knowing each other they announced their engagement much to her parents protest. Maybe because Drew was her first love, and her first real boyfriend for she had just been so busy during her school years to even be bothered with one, and her parents wanted her to remain focused on her studies that Lena had no clue. Not one clue about being in a relationship. That alone, along with how sheltered she was may have been a contributing factor in terms of her lack of awareness and why she fell for the first man that showed her any attention or love if that's what you would call it. Drew knew what he was doing and found her to be easily lead, easy to manipulate and sweet enough to promise her the world knowing he would not do it.

No matter what her parents did or how much they begged her to wait Lena eloped and found out she was pregnant only a few weeks later. Was she happy? Yes, she thought she was and no one understood why she was in such a rush. Love could wait, her dreams could wait, but she was willing to give everything up at this point. Drew promised her a home, love, and that she could continue her career anywhere she wanted. That never happened and once they moved to the West Coast away from Ohio and after the birth of their son, Noah, her life changed for the worst.

It was in California that Lena saw who Drew really was. He was a criminal, he was a monster and he was abusive leaving the slim woman shell shocked for she never ever expected it. Never. Maybe the warning signs were there and if they were she had clearly ignored them and wasn't aware of them. The abuse he inflicted on her started out small. Verbally, then physically and sexually. The first time he raped her she had begged him, pleaded with him but the more she did the harder he did it and soon after she took it with tears falling from her eyes hoping it would end soon.

"You think you can just leave me! You will never leave me, ever! You think you just take my son and go! I will find you Lena, I will find you and when I do I will slit your throat!"

"Why...why are you doing this to me. Why...Drew I...." The woman would cry trying to shield her face and her son from him. But there was no use as she held Noah close, her husband nearing her face with his fist.

"Because you are easy. You are easy and whatever I say you will do." The dark haired man smirked walking off as tears burned the woman's eyes.

Many times she threatened to leave him only to have Drew promise he would do better, love her harder and give her anything she wanted. It would last for maybe a week when the abuse would start again and Lena would threaten to leave. In the end she was too afraid for Drew promised to find her, track her down and kill both her and their son and even Lena's parents.