Lovin'

LENA POV

Wrapping my arms around Stef's slim and curvy waist as she looked across the hall at the cell of her girls  my heart was beating heavy against her back. The grueling talk we had with Roxy left us a tad tired as I softly kissed her shoulder feeling her move even closer to me as I never thought my fear of her would fade this quickly. It was hard to believe that it was only a few hours ago that we fought, that my mind was confused, that I didn't know which way to turn and that I was upset over Ms. Rose. Was I happy her fingers were broken no, but I was furious at what her mess up caused and found myself no longer sympathizing like I had. Callie had become my heart too and her health meant more to us then anything.

"Tell me your thoughts. The plan is solid baby." I whispered to her as I felt her gently rub my hands that still remained around her. 

"I don't like messy shit baby. My father told me to keep shit clean. Always."

"And you are. We are. And it will all go fine even if I have to execute it myself." 

Turning around in my arms she raised her eyebrow at me and cocked her head a bit.

"Tell me what was it? The dinner? The chicken parm? MM?" She joked as I couldn't help but laugh feeling her tighten her grip around my waist for it was more than one thing it really was.

"Well, I think I had to really think about it. How I felt about you, my life and...well I learned you don't hurt people just to hurt them. I see a side of you that I can't be without. How much you care for Callie, Roxy, and well me. You aren't a monster and yes when you broke Ms. Rose fingers I thought you were and I didn't want to believe that. I just didn't because the way you treat me, how sweet you were to my son, and the way I hear you on the phone with your own children I knew there was more.  The way Callie talks about you. It is about survival of the fittest, and you do what you need to. Maybe I don't understand it all because I was never around it but seeing what I've seen the last month I had to take the blinders off.  It's hard facing the fact that we are here and..." I trailed off looking to the ground and she lifted my face up.

"And?"

"And that I like you. But I was so scared to like you."

"Because of who I am baby?" She asked so sweetly as my eyes glanced into hers.

"Well maybe but I fell for my husband really fast Stef. Very fast I mean in the same amount of time that I fell for you. He was charming and charismatic and knew what to say to wheel me in and I was so easy to manipulate. I was a joke and..."

"Hey. Don't you dare my love. Fuck him. Just fuck him because he was shit. A real piece of shit who deserved what he fucking got, and believe me I would have done the same to him. You are not a joke, not in the least and I never found you easy to manipulate. In fact I found you stubborn as fuck! Man I had to work for you baby."

"What?" I laughed as she did the same and she grabbed my hand pulling me to the bed. Leaning her back against the wall I straddled her lap as she gently ran her hands up and down my bare thighs as I wore her shorts.

"Yes stubborn and yes I had to work for you. Most women fall in my lap here to be honest but you damm sure didn't. Which I guess turned me on to a degree. You were fighting your feelings hard for me you know. And the big difference between me and the piece of shit you were married to is I'd never hit you, ever, I'd never hurt you, I'd never call you names. My father I mean he wasn't the best example but somehow I learned how to treat a woman and there were things I was always dead set against. Beating my woman is one of them."

Shyly looking into her eyes our lips found each others as we softly kissed them for a few moments. With my hands wraped around her neck my fingers played in her long hair as we soon pulled apart staring deep into each other's eyes. Eyes of hers I had once feared but no longer did.