Chapter 4 - Family Day

Jens POV

I woke up and rolled over to check the time on my phone. 8:15. I got up and started getting ready. I knew my mom had big plans for today, I just didn't know what the plans were. I finished getting ready and grabbed Ava and my phone and went downstairs for breakfast.

My mom was sitting at the table already. "Morning Jen," she said as I walked down the stairs.

"Morning mom. Do we have plans for breakfast or am I ok to make something?" I asked, hoping to learn about the plans for today.

"Nope, no plans for breakfast. But don't eat too much, we've got big plans for lunch," she said and smiled.

I made a small bowl of cereal and sat down next to her. Then Julia came down the stairs. "Morning," she mumbled, clearly still waking up.

"Morning sis." Then my mom looked up.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Jen. Don't eat a huge breakfast, we've got big plans for lunch."

"I know mom," she said. She joined us for breakfast then we all went to watch TV.

They both insisted on watching Once Upon A Time, even though they know I hate watching my self on screen. They turned on the pilot episode and my phone went off.

I looked down and had a text. It was Colin. Hey, when do you want to hang out? I'm free all week but I figured you had plans with your family. Wow he doesn't waste anytime.

I looked up at my mom, "Do we have any days we don't have plans while I'm here?" I asked hoping Julia wouldn't comment.

"We don't have night plans on Thursday and Friday, just morning ones," she replied.

I texted Colin back. How about Thursday or Friday night? He texted back almost immediately. Let's do Thursday, it will be less busy. Where should we meet and when? I looked up again.

"Mom what time will we be home on Thursday?" I ask, Julia definitely heard that one because she was smiling at me now.

"Around 2," she answered, not questioning me.

I texted him back. How about 3 at the Sunset Beach? That was one of my favorite beaches and it was in walking distance of the house so I wouldn't need a car.

My phone buzzed, wow he answers fast. Sure! I'll see you there. I didn't reply, but I looked up an my sister was staring at me.

"So going out with your boyfriend on Thursday?" She questioned smirking at me.

"He's not my boyfriend Julia"

"Who's not your boyfriend?!?" My mom said, catching up with our conversation.

"No one mom, its just someone from set. They auditioned for a new role on the show and they are in LA for a few weeks. We are just going to hang out and get to know each other. I met him two days ago Julia's just overreacting." I glared at her.

"Ok well have fun Jen, I'll make sure we are back by two on Thursday."

"Thanks mom," I said and they went back to watching Once.

A few hours later Daniel and Dad finally came down the stairs. "Morning sleepy heads," I say when I see them.

Daniel sticks his tongue out at me and makes some breakfast. "Morning Jen," my dad says before he kissed the top of my head.

"Don't make a big breakfast Daniel!" my mom shouted. "We have big lunch plans," she quickly added knowing he wouldn't listen without a reason.

After the boys ate we all got ready to go. We left the house a few minutes late and mom was shouting at us. "Hurry up!! We're gonna be late!!!" She screamed a million times.