Chapter 39 - The Truth

Colin's POV

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a cloth from the drawer. I put cold water on it then bought it back to Jen and laid it on her forehead. She was sweating but her face relaxed when I put the cloth on her face. Jesse had left a few minutes ago to do something so it was just me and Jen in the house.

"Jen, I don't know if you can hear me but I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I never should have let Jesse blackmail me into letting you go. Please you just have to wake up. Ava is fine I promise. And Jesse's not here right now so please just wake up." I cried. I grabbed her hand and kissed it. I felt her squeeze my hand and my other hand went to cup her face. "Jen?!?" I said happily.

"Colin?" She croaked. "What happened?"

"Jesse. Jesse happened. He took Ava for a walk and you had another panic attack when you didn't see her at home."

"That makes sense." She said quietly.

I heard the door start to open. Dang it. Not enough time to explain.

"I'll let you rest Jen. Don't hesitate to call if you need or want anything okay?"

"I'll be fine Colin. Thanks for staying til Jesse got back." She said with a smile.

If only she knew the truth.

"Yeah, no problem. See you on set tomorrow." I kissed the top of her head and left. On my way out Jesse gave me the death look but I could care less. I'm just happy Jen's alright.

~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~

Jen seemed way better at set today. We had a few scenes left before the end of the day. I went over to Jen between scenes to talk to her.

"Hey Jen." I said walking up behind her.

"Hey Colin, what's up?" She asked after turning around.

"I was wondering if you'd be up for a coffee in my trailer after we finish shooting. Like old times."

"Sure. Sounds like fun." She replied happily.

"Great. You finish last so when you finish just head to my trailer and I'll be waiting with two coffees." I said.

"Great. See you later Colin." She gave me a quick hug and left.

Jen's POV

After talking with Colin I walked over towards Ginny.

"Hey Ginny. Do you know what's up with Colin?"

"Hey Jen. And what do you mean? Did he do something. Do I need to hurt that boy?" She asked.

I chuckled a little. "No Ginny. Put that mama bear attitude away." We both giggled. "He just said he wanted to talk to me and he seemed....I don't know.... Just not like himself." I said, getting back on topic.

"Oh. Then I have no idea. Sorry Jen." She said.

"It's fine. Thanks Ginny, I'll talk to you later." I gave her a hug and walked away.

~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~

After I finally finished filming I headed to Colin's trailer. I knocked lightly on the door.

"Come in." I heard from inside.

I opened the door and walked in. Colin was sitting on his couch with two coffees, just like he said he would be. I grabbed one from him and sat next to him.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked him, getting straight to the point.

"What do you mean?"