Chapter 32 - Adjusting

Jen's POV

After Colin left I just sat on the couch petting Ava until I heard a knock on the door. I really wanted it to be Colin but I knew that would never happen. I got up and opened the door only to be greeted by Ginny and Josh.

"Hey Jen how are you feel-" she stopped when she saw my red puffy eyes that showed I'd been crying. They both walked in and Ginny embraced me in a hug. "Jen, what's wrong?" She asked me.

I led them both into the living room and we all sat down on the couch. After a few minutes of silence, with Ginny rubbing my back and giving Josh concerning looks, I finally spoke up.

"When I came home from the hospital I took a shower and then made a bowl of cereal and sat on the couch with Ava." I said and paused, not sure if I could relive that conversation with Colin again. Ginny gave me a weird look, so I continued. "Once I sat down I heard the door opening, and Colin walked in. He looked surprised to see me. Then we got into another stupid fight about the same thing as we did in the hospital and he broke up with me and left." I finished. I was now fully crying again, not caring about who was watching.

"He broke up with you?!?" Josh said, his voice a mix of annoyance and anger.

"Yes, then he grabbed the rest of his stuff and left." I managed to say.

Then, without warning, he got up and walked out the door, slamming it behind him. Ginny and I both jumped a little and she said, "Colin, good luck," in a quiet mumble.

I gave a slight chuckle knowing Josh was gonna hunt Colin down before it quickly faded back into sadness.

"Jen, I know this is hard but you don't need him. If he wants to leave over something this stupid then that's his fault. Maybe he wasn't the right man for you. You're a stong beautiful women and you don't need a guy, Jen." She said. She quickly added, "I'd stay to talk, but unfortunately now I have to go find Josh before I'm bailing him out of jail for assault." She chuckled and gave me a small, tight hug before walking out the door mumbling things about Josh.

I slightly laughed at her reaction and went back to petting Ava. I decided to watch TV to get my mind off of what had happened today. When I turned it on House was playing. And it wasn't just any scene, it was my goodbye scene with Jesse. "First Jesse, then the same mistake with Colin. Way to go Jen. You think you would've learned the first time." I mumbled to myself.

I watched the rest of the episode and realized it was a marathon so I watched a few more episodes. As I was watching I realized Ginny was right. I don't need a man.

I decided to call Ginny and see if she wanted to go out for a girls night.

Phone call:

J: "Hey Ginny. Do you wanna hang out tonight and do a girls night?"

G: "Sure. Now that I've found Josh I'm free for the rest of the night."

J: "Oh yeah I forgot about him running off." I laughed. "He can come too if he wants. It can be a 'charming family' night."

G: "Hold on let me ask him.....Yeah sure. We'll be over in a few. Do we need to pick up snacks?"

J: "No it's fine. I'll go get them. I should probably do something productive anyway." I laughed.

G: "Okay. See ya tonight. Bye."

J: "Bye Ginny."

End phone call

I decided to take Ava for a walk around town, then drop her off at home before getting snacks. "Ava baby." I heard her paws jump off my bed and slowly start walking. "Wanna go for a walk?" I heard her speed up before she was right in front of me jumping. "I'll take that as a yes." I laughed and hooked her up to her leash.

We went for a walk around town and through the park. I got stopped by a few fans and sighed a few thing and took a few selfies with them. I needed to blow off some steam from Colin, and I knew Ava loves to run, so I headed to the track.

I checked the time on my phone. 6:30. I figured I could run for about an hour before I had to leave. I ran about a mile and a half before checking the time again. 7:15. I started walking home.

I got home at about 7:20 and Ginny and Josh knocked at my door at 7:30.

"Hey Ginny, hey Josh." I said while giving them both a hug. "I just got home from a run and was about to go get some snacks."

"Oh okay. Do you want us all to go?" Josh asked.

"No. How about you two go pick out a few movies for us to watch while I get ssome snacks?" I suggested.

"Okay. We'll meet back here in half an hour." Ginny said. I nodded and they left.

I got on some decent clothes and drove to the store. "What should I get?" I thought aloud. I went through all the isles. I had grabbed a few bags of chips, some peanuts, and a few nonalcoholic drinks.

I was going to the alcoholic drinks when I saw someone I never wanted to see again casually looking at the beers. Someone that only reminded me of heartbreak, the loss of a child, and worse of all abandonment. I tried to walk away but they saw me.

"Jen?" They asked. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me. Hey. Long time no see," and that was how I wanted. I never wanted to see this person ever again, because I had nothing but hate left for this man. It was the one, the only....

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the shorter chapter and not updating in a while. Who do you think the mystery man is?

You guys probably don't want to hear this but for about another month and a half editing will only be when I have time. I'll still try as much as possible though. After that I'm on summer break from school and I'll try to update on a regular basis until school starts again in the fall.

Thank you all for reading and please keep commenting and voting!! :)