Chapter 44 - Blessing

Colin's POV (A/N: I know it's mostly Colin right now but that will change soon. I'm just using him because Jen doesn't know about this yet.)

I woke up the next morning with Jen still in my arms. I smiled before getting up and heading downstairs to find only her parents awake downstairs. Perfect. I guess now it is. I thought.

I made a cup of coffee and sat down at one of the stools around the island. "Morning Mr. and Mrs. Morrison." I said as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Good morning Colin. And we've told you before, call us David and Judy." David said.

"Right of course." I said as I scratched behind my ear.

"Is everything alright?" Judy asked me.

"Yes, but I have something I was hoping to talk with you two about." I admitted.

"And what might that be?" David asked in a protective tone.

I took a deep breath and pulled the ring box out of my pocket and opened it. "I would like to ask for both of your blessings to ask Jen to marry me." I said as I showed them the ring.

They both started smiling. "Of course you have our blessing." Judy said. "Not many people even ask for it anymore." She added.

"Well I've always been a bit old fashioned I guess." I said with a smile.

"When will you ask her?" David piped in.

"Tonight, at Sunset Beach." I answered immediately. I've already got it all planned out.

"Sunset beach isn't that-" Judy started before I cut her off.

"Where we had our first unofficial date." I finished. "Yes. I wanted to do someplace memorable and she told me before how much she loved that beach." I said.

"Well I hope all goes well then." They both said.

I put the ring back in my jacket pocket and finished my coffee. I was debating whether or not to make Jen breakfast in bed.

"Come on David. Let's go in the living room." Judy said to her husband.

"Um okay?" He said confused he walked into the living room and she walked towards me.

"Waffles are her favorite and there's fruit in the fridge." She said before grabbing her coffee cup.

"How did you-?"

"A mother knows." She cut me off.

I chuckled as she walked into the living room to join her husband. I made Jen's breakfast and carried it upstairs to her. I made her a waffle with fruit on the side and a glass of orange juice, her favorite breakfast beverage. I also made a coffee to help wake her up.

I set the breakfast down on the nightstand and gently shook Jen. She slowly woke up and sat up in bed. "Morning." She mumbled.

"Morning beautiful." I said before kissing the top of her head. "I made you breakfast." I said. I took the tray off the nightstand and set it on her lap.

"Colin, this looks amazing! Thank you but you didn't have to do this." She said.

"I know but I wanted to." I replied smiling.

She smiled back before she started eating her breakfast. Once she finished her breakfast, with me stealing a couple bites, she got in the shower and started to get ready for the day. I took her tray downstairs and the whole crowd was downstairs looking at me. I put the tray in the sink and sat down in the living room with them.