Chapter 36 - Breakfast and Disapproval

Jen's POV

I got to the restaurant and Jesse was already sitting in a booth. I walked to the booth and sat down across from him.

"Morning. Thanks for letting me sleep yesterday." I said.

"No problem. You looked too peaceful to wake." He smiled.

We ordered our breakfast, and he reached for my hand on the table. I quickly pulled away, and he looked up at me. "What's wrong?" He asked me.

"I just don't want the media finding out yet and you know the paparazzi has eyes and ears everywhere. If they find out it's gonna look like I was cheating on Colin. Can we please just be 'friends' in public? Please?" I asked. Even I could here the desperation in my voice. Colin might have hurt me but he was still my best friend and he doesn't deserve to he hurt by this.

"Sure Jen. If that's what you want I'm perfectly fine with that." He said.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"Of course. Though I do have one request." He said smirking.

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I asked him.

He reached under the table and grabbed my hand. "We can still do couple things. Just hide it." He said.

I squeezed his hand. "I think I can work with that." I let out a little laugh.

The rest of the breakfast went well. We ate our food and talked. At the end I tried to pay, but he wouldn't let me. I didn't feel like arguing, because I knew it never worked with him.

We said goodbye and I went to set. I made it to my trailer five minutes before I had to do anything.

After a couple minutes I opened my trailer door, and Ginny was there just about to knock.

"Hey Ginny. What's-" she shoved past me and into my trailer and sat on the couch. "Sure come right in." I said. I closed the door and went back to the couch.

"Is it true?!?" She started yelling.

"Is what true Ginny?"

She held up her phone and it was a news page with a picture of me and Jesse at breakfast this morning. The headline read Former Co-stars and couple Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer spotted at breakfast. Rekindling the old spark?!? Damn they work fast.

"Is it true?!?" She screamed again.

I sighed.

"Oh my god. It is true!! You're back with that scumbag?!?!" She yelled at me.

I was fine with it til her last line. That's when I lost it. "He's not a scumbag!!" I yelled at her.

"He left you right before your wedding Jen!"

"He's changed Ginny! Why can't you give him a chance?!?"

"Seriously Jen! He was nothing but a jerk to you!! Why are you willing to put your heart in his hands again?!?!"

"Because I love him Ginny! And I missed him!" We were both fully shouting until I said that. Ginny went quiet and just looked at me.

"Wow Jen. If you really wanna get hurt that bad I won't stop you. But don't come crying to me when it happens." She said, a little softer.

"Ginny-" I started.

"No Jen. Have fun with your stupid boyfriend." I was about to say something when she just walked out and left.

"Ginny!" I called after her but she just kept walking. Then I saw Josh and Colin walking by. Josh stopped and looked at me then Colin did the same.