Chapter 35 - Old Sparks

Jen's POV

A couple minutes after we stopped texting there was a knock at my door. I open it to see Jesse standing there looking at me.

"Come on in. Would you like a drink?" I asked.

He walked in towards the living room. "No thank you."

We both went to the living room and sat down on the couch. "Jesse, I don't know how to say what I asked you to come over for, so I'm just going to say it. I think we clearly felt our old spark at the fair. I miss you too and I want a relationship, but at the same time, I'm not sure I'm ready for one yet."

He took my hands in his. "Jen no one's rushing you into this. If you don't feel like dating now we can just be friends. And if later on down the road you want to he more than friends just say the word and we can get back together." He said with a slight smile.

I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "Thanks Jesse." I pulled him in for a hug. "You have no idea how nice it is to hear that from you right now."

He hesitantly hugged me back. "No problem Jen." We sat like that for a while, just on the couch hugging. I was the first to pull away.

"Sorry," I said slightly embarrassed.

"Nothing to be sorry for Jen."

"Would you like some dinner?" I asked.

"Sure, that'd be nice." He smiled and let go of my hands. I hadn't even realized he was still holding them. It just felt so...right.

I got up and walked to the kitchen. I didn't have much food so I decided to make grilled cheese sandwiches. When I finished the sandwiches I bought them back into the living room.

"Sorry it's nothing big." I said as I handed Jesse the plate.

"It's perfectly fine Jen. You know I love grilled cheese." He smiled at me. "Wanna watch some tv while we eat?" He asked.

"Sure. Guess what has a marathon going on right now?" I grabbed the remote and turned it on.

"What?"

"House" I clicked the channel and doctor Cameron showed up on the TV.

"No way."

After we finished our food, I put the dishes away. Jesse ended up staying for a while and we watched our show. It was so weird watching my past show. It reminded me of all the good times Jesse and I had. I looked down at our hands. I'm not really sure when it happened but our hands were together and our fingers interlaced with each other. He must have seen me looking at them because he slowly pulled his hand away.

"Sorry" he said, a slight blush rising to his cheeks.

"It's fine Jesse."

"No. It's not fine. I told you I wasn't going to rush you into anything and I meant that. I'm a man of my word and I don't wanna make you do-" he rambled on but I quit listening. Instead I made him stop. I leaned in and kissed him again. He was clearly shocked but kissed me back. I pulled away.

"You were rambling." Now it was my turn to blush. "You don't need to apologize Jesse. I wasn't looking at our hands because I didn't want you holding it. I was looking at them because I was thinking back to all the old times we had." I paused and he looked at me.

"I know what I said when you came here, but maybe I am ready. I missed you Jesse, a lot. But I don't want to speed into things. Can we just date and not tell the media right now?" I asked nervously.

"Sure Jen. I'd like that." He said with a smile.

I smiled back and leaned in to kiss him. He pulled me closer and placed his hands on my hips. I had mine on his chest, smiling into the kiss. The kiss was soft, but showed our lost love and current feelings for each other. I was the first to pull apart because I needed air. I put my forehead on his.

"Thank you Jesse." I said once I caught my breath.

"For what?"

"For understanding and not rushing into things."

He smiled. "Of course Jen. I'd do anything for you."

I leaned back in and gave him a quick but loving kiss. "God I missed you." I said after the kiss.

He chuckled. "I missed you too, Jen."

The House marathon was still playing behind us on the tv. I snuggled up next to Jesse and we watched a few episodes. I felt my eyelids slowly getting heavier but I didn't want this night to end. Eventually I fell asleep wrapped up in his arms.

Jesse's POV

After a few episodes I looked down at Jen and she was asleep. She looks so peaceful. I didn't want to move her and risk her waking up, but I didn't want her to flip if I stayed over. After a moment of looking at her I decided to get up.

I carefully got up, as to not wake Jen. I then picked her up in my arms and carried her to the bedroom bridal style. I pulled the sheets back and laid her in her bed. I pulled the sheets back up and tucked her in. "Goodnight, my love." I softly kissed her forehead. She smiled slightly in her sleep, causing me to start smiling.

I went back to the living room and grabbed her phone. I made sure her alarm was still on before I plugged it in on the charger in her bedroom. I wrote her a note explaining what happened and left it on her nightstand. Then I grabbed my things, turned off the TV, and left. After I got to my house I went straight to bed.

Jen's POV

I woke in my warm bed. How did I get here? I thought I was on the couch with-

Jesse

Was it all a dream? I hope not, last night was amazing. I looked over at my clock. 6:30. We weren't shooting till 8 today so I still had a while before I had to leave. I saw something next to my clock and grabbed it. It was a letter from Jesse.

Dear Jen,

You fell asleep on the couch watching House. I didn't want to wake you because you looked so peaceful. I ended up carrying you into you bedroom. Thanks for giving me another chance Jen. See you soon <3

~Jesse

I read the letter and put it on my lap. He's so sweet. I still had an hour til I had to go to set. I decided to call Jesse and see if he wanted to do breakfast.

Phone call:
(M=Jen J=Jesse)

J: "Hello?"

M: "Hey Jesse. I didn't wake you did I?"

J: "Doesn't matter. I'd gladly wake up to your voice everyday."

M: "Jesse."

J: "Okay you didn't. I just got out of the shower. Why are you calling?"

M: "I don't have to be at set for another hour. I was wondering if you would like to get some breakfast or something together."

J: "Sure. Wanna meet at the little dinner by your set in 10?"

M: "Sounds perfect. I'll see you there."

J: "Okay. Bye Jen."

M: "Bye Jesse."

End phone call

After I hung up I quickly got ready and left for the restaurant.

A/N: Sorry about the short chapters. School's a pain in my butt right now. I'll try to update again as soon as I can. Thanks for sticking with me! Please keep commenting and voting! :)