Chapter 14 - Picnic

Colin's POV

After the restaurant, Jen fell asleep in the car. When we got back to her apartment I didn't want to wake her up, so I decided to carry her upstairs. Once we got into her apartment I laid her down on the bed. I wasn't tired yet, so I took a shower and watched tv in the living room until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast in the kitchen. Jen and I didn't have any scenes today, so she's probably making breakfast. I got up and headed to the kitchen and saw Jen making french toast on the stove. I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her from behind.

"Look who's finally awake." She said smiling.

"Says the one who fell asleep in the car." I mocked her. She put the last piece of french toast on the plate and set the spatula down on the counter. I turned her around so she was facing me.

"By the way thanks for carrying me inside last night. I must have been way more exhausted then I thought." She said while laughing.

"Anytime. I figured you needed your rest." She just smiled and then she kissed me. I've kissed Jen before but everytime still felt like the first time, there were always sparks. She is an amazing woman and I don't know how I got lucky enough to call her mine.

After breakfast Jen was doing the dishes and I walked up behind her.

"I have a special day planned for us today. When you finish with the dishes get ready and meet me at the park." She smiled, and was obviously interested.

"What do you have planned for today captain?" She asked smirking.

"You'll just have to wait and see my Swan." I gave her a quick kiss and walked out the door.

I went to the store and got supplies for a picnic. Then I made the food and headed to the park. I found a spot on the top of the hill surrounded by trees that no one knows about and laid out the blanket. Then I headed to the actual park area to find Jen. I found her sitting on a bench.

I walked up behind her and covered her eyes with my hands. "Colin what on earth are you doing?" She aksed while laughing.

"Just stand up and don't peek." She stood up and I carefully guided her to the picnic spot. "You ready love?" She just smirked.

"Yes Captain." She started laughing and I uncovered her eyes and she gasped.

"Oh my gosh!" She turned around and faced me. "Colin this is amazing! When did you do this?" She asked in awe.

"I planned it last night and got the food after breakfast. I knew this spot would be perfect because it overlooks the whole park but no one knows about it. Doesn't it have a beautiful view?" She looked out over the hill, then turned back to me and smiled.

"It's perfect Colin! Thank you so much!" She smiled and kissed me.

After we finished eating we decided to take a walk around the park. As we walked around the park she rested her head on my shoulder. We saw a few fans take pictures but we didn't care. After we walked around the park we headed back to our picnic spot and cleaned up the food.

We drove back to her apartment and dropped off the food and blanket. After we put all the stuff away we sat down on the couch. "So Jen, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" She looked up at me a just smiled thinking for a few minutes.

"We should rent a movie and just relax on the couch. I just want to spend the day with you." I smiled at her.

"I love that idea Jen. What should we watch?"

"Whatever you want to." We decided to watch a disney movie. She scooted close to my and I put my arm around her.

By the time the movie was over Jen was asleep on my chest. I carefully moved her into her bed, kissed her forehead and turned around. Then I felt something tug at my shirt. I turn around to see Jen staring up at me. "Please don't go." She said it so softly I couldn't resist. I changed into my pajamas and layed down in bed next to her. She moved over until she was rigjt next to me. She laid her head down on my chest and grabbed my hand. I grabbed her hand back and we both fell asleep.

Jen's POV

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes and sausage. I turned and saw that Colin wasn't there. I got up, got dressed, and headed into the kitchen to Colin putting breakfast on two plates.

"Morning." I said as he placed the last piece of sausage down. He jumped a little, startled by my presence.

"Morning Jen. I was just about to bring you breakfast in bed." He smiled and looked up at me. I sat down at the island and he pushed the plate towards me. He poured two glasses of milk and handed one to me. Then he put the milk away and sat down next to me. We ate our breakfast while talking about the movie that I fell asleep while watching. Then we had to get ready.

On our way to set we stopped at a starbucks and got our usual drinks. When we got to set we split ways. I went to hair and makeup and he went to his trailer because he had a few hours before he had to shoot.

When I got to hair and makeup Ginny and Josh were already there. Josh saw me first. "Hey Jen, how ya feeling today?" I just laughed.

"I'm fine dad thanks for asking." He and Ginny both laughed. Anytime they said something like that I'd call them mom and dad. I love how close the entire cast is. After we had all been transformed into our characters we headed off to shoot our scene. First it was a scene with Ginny and Josh in the sleeping curse. It was really funny to watch them to this scene. They were screaming at nothing. Then Ginny and I had our scene after she woke up. I had another scene to shoot but it wasn't until later so I decided to go see Colin. I went up to his trailer and was about to knock when I heard him.

"WHAT?!?" I backed away slowly and went to my trailer since he probably didn't want to talk.

Colin's POV

I was about to go to hair and makeup when I heard my phone ring. I answered it quickly without even checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said while putting on my Hook outfit. I listened for a few minutes then lost it. "WHAT?!?" I practically shouted them it got dead silent and they hung up. I threw my phone across the room and sat down on the couch. I can't believe what just happened.

Dun dun dunnnnn.... What caused Colin to react like that? Who was on the other end of the conversation? What will happen next? Please comment and give feedback or anything. My motivation to write keeps going down and I keep getting writers block. The more comment the faster I'll update so please comment and keep reading.