Chapter 42 - Normal Days and Guy Things

Jen's POV

I woke up and look next to me. Colin's really here. It's not a dream, I thought. I'm so happy Jesse is finally out of our lives for good. Colin started stiring and slowly woke up.

"Morning." I said.

"Good morning to you to." He replied back in his sleepy voice.

"Did we really do it? Is Jesse really gone for good?" I asked.

"Absolutely." He said with a smile. "And now I'm never letting you out of my sight ever again." He rolled over so he was on top of me.

"Well then I guess I'm stuck with you huh?" I said jokingly.

"You'll get over it." He said with a smirk. He started kissing me and we had another round from last night.

~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~

I was down stairs making breakfast when I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I smiled. "Finally decided to get out of bed?" I teased him.

"Yeah. It's cold without you there too." He said with a smirk.

"Oh really? Did poor Colin get cold?" I teased him again.

"Yes. And breakfast smelled really good so there's that too." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Help yourself." I said. "It's just waffles with sausage. There's coffee made too if you want some." I told him.

"Okay." He said. He kissed the top of my head before he left to make a glass of coffee and a plate.

After breakfast Colin got a call from Tyler. He kissed the top of my head before walking into the bedroom.

I picked up from breakfast and Colin walked out just as I finished. "Hey what did Tyler want?" I asked him as we sat down on the couch.

"To tell us about Jesse's hearing. It's exactly one week from today at eight in the morning." He said.

"Thank goodness! I can't wait for Jesse to be gone for good. I can't believe I fell for his stupid tricks again." I mumbled the last part and looked down at my hands.

"Hey," he lifted my head up with two fingers, "don't blame yourself. You were still hurting from our relationship ending and he used that against you. None of this is your fault Jen." He said sincerely.

I leaned in and hugged him. "Thanks Colin, for everything." I said smiling.

"Anytime Jen. I'll always be here for you." He said. We stayed snuggled up on the couch for a while and watched a movie. After the movie Colin stood up.

"I'm meeting up with Josh today for guy stuff. I'll be home later tonight." He kissed my head and walked out the door.

That was random. I thought.

Colin's POV

I walked out of the house and sat in my car. I pulled out my phone and called Josh.

Phone Call:

C: Hey are you busy right now?

J: No why? What do you need.

C: Can you meet me at the fountain in the middle of town? I need your help with something important.

J: Sure. I'll be there in 15

C: Great! Thanks Josh. Oh and one more thing.

J: What?

C: Please don't say anything to Ginny.

J: Umm okay? See you in 15

C: Okay. Bye.

End Phone Call

I pulled out of the driveway and drove into town. I hope this all works out.

~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~

After 15 minutes Josh showed up. "Okay I'm here. What exactly do you need help with?" He asked.

I took a deep breath. Okay here goes nothing. "I need to find a ring." I said.

"What kind of ring?" He asked.

"An engagement ring." I said quietly.

"Wait, what did you just say?" He asked shocked.

"I want to find an engagement ring so I can ask Jen to marry me." I said louder.

"I thought you two just got back together." He said.

"We did but if those two months taught me anything it's that I never want to lose Jen ever again." I said.

"Wow. You really do love her. I've never heard you this serious about anything before." He said as he patted my back. "Let's go find a ring for your girl." He said with a smile.

~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~

After an hour of searching we finally found the perfect ring. It was simple but beautiful, perfect for Jen. I just really hope she says yes.

 I just really hope she says yes

~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~∞~

When I got home Jen was at the stove cooking dinner. There was music playing and she was dancing and singing along, swaying her hips to the music. She didn't hear me come in so I sat at the island and watched her cook. She's an amazing singer and dancer whether she admits it or not.

After about 10 minutes she turned around and noticed me. She jumped so high when she saw me. She ran over to me and hugged me. Then when she pulled out of the she slapped my shoulder. "You scared the hell out of me Colin! Never do that again." She said.

"Sorry Jen but when I saw you singing and dancing it was too good of a show to pass up." I said with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. You're lucky I love you." She said playfully before returning to cooking.

I walked over to her and kissed the top of her head. "I love you too. I'm gonna take a quick shower. I'll be down for dinner." I said.

"Mkay." She said before giving me a quick peck on the lips.

I smiled and walked upstairs. I had to find the perfect hiding spot for the ring so she doesn't find it right away. I decided to put it in my memory box under the bed. She never looks in there.

After I was sure the box was hidden I took a quick shower. As I came back downstairs Jen was setting the table. I walked over to her and kissed her cheek. "Perfect timing." She said with a smile.

"Take a seat love. I'll get the rest of the food." I pulled our her chair and she sat down. I got the rest of the food from the kitchen and set it down on the table. We had a nice dinner and talked about our days, other than the ring of course.

After dinner we cuddled up on the couch and watched TV until she fell asleep. I turned off the TV and carried her bridal style to the bed. I carefully changed her into her pjs before changing into mine and joining her on the bed. She curled up to me in her sleep and soon I joined her in a peaceful slumber.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter and for not updating in a while. I haven't had much inspiration for this book lately. I think I'm going to end it soon. I'm going to try my best to get 50 chapters and an epilogue before I end it. Thanks for keeping with my long waits and reading my story :)