Chapter 30 - Fights and Denial

Jen's POV

I woke up to a strange beeping noise. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. All I saw was white walls and a white bed. I must be in a hospital, I thought. I sat up and felt something in my hand so I looked to my side and saw Ginny and Josh asleep in chairs.

I squeezed Ginny's hand and she slowly opened her eyes. When she saw I was awake she shot up and looked at me. "Jen! You're finally awake!!" She gave me a hug and Josh started to wake up.

I returned her hug and she squeezed me harder. "Ginny, I'm still recovering here." I laughed a little bit.

"Right sorry Jen." She sat back in her chair.

"How are you feeling Jen?" Josh asked from behind Ginny.

"Sore, but I'll be okay." I took a deep breath. "How's Colin?" I asked.

"Already trying to leave the hospital." Josh said with a chuckle.

"That's good." I smiled at them.

"Hey Josh, can you go get the doctor please?" Ginny asked him.

"Yeah sure. I'll go find him." He stood up, kissed my head and left.

Ginny looked at me with sad eyes. "There's something else. Um..." She looked away from me with tears in her eyes and slowly looked to my stomach.

"No." I whispered. I clutched my stomach. "No...no." I barely whispered. I started tearing up.

Ginny looked up at me. "I'm so sorry."

"No, this can't be happening. Please no." I started crying. Ginny got up and gave me a hug. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore then I just sat in her hug.

After a few minutes of sitting there Josh came back in with the doctor. Ginny pulled away and sat back down. I wiped away my dry tears and looked up at the doctor.

"Glad to see you're awake Ms. Morrison. How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"A bit sore but other than that I'm alright." I said with a fake smile.

"You might be sore for a while. You had some internal bleeding we had to stop and a few broken and bruised ribs. I'm sorry, but you also lost your baby. Your body wasn't strong enough to keep the baby. You will be alright but we want to keep you one more night to make sure your ribs will heal properly then you'll be free to go. Just take it easy for the next few days to a week." He smiled.

"Okay. Um how is Colin O'Donoghue?" I asked.

"He's fine. He's getting released as we speak." He said. "I'll come check on you tomorrow then you can leave." He walked out just as Colin was walking in.

"Hey Colin. I'm so glad you're okay." I said.

He walked to the side of the bed and looked at Josh. "Hey Ginny why don't we go get Jen some breakfast." Josh said while pulling Ginny out of her chair.

"Oh okay. Be back in a minute Jen." Ginny said as she got pulled out the door.

I turned to Colin as he sat down where Ginny was previously sitting. "Is something wrong?" I asked him.

"How long?" He asked while looking at the floor.

"How long? How long what?" I asked confused.

He looked right up at me. "How long did you know you were carrying my child and not tell me?!?" He shouted.

I looked down at my stomach. "About 3 months." I said quietly.

"What did you say?" He asked.

"About 3 months Colin!" I shouted back.