Chapter 37 - Better or Worse?

A/N: Hey guys! Please don't be afraid to comment as you're reading. I don't care how stupid you think it sounds in your head, please comment it. I love reading comments and it gives me more inspiration to write bc I know what you guys like reading. Enjoy my (finally) normal length chapter😂

Jen's POV

I didn't want to think about what happened today any longer, so I decided to go home. When I got home Ava greeted me at the door. She was jumping up and down, happy as ever. I picked her up and played with her.

After I was done playing with and feeding Ava I took a shower. I didn't have to work until tomorrow night so I turned off my alarm before climbing into bed. I checked my phone and I had 4 text messages. One from Ginny, Josh, Colin, and Jesse.

Ginny: I'm sorry I blew up at you. I just don't want you getting hurt again. Can we please talk about it again tomorrow? I promise I'll give him a chance. I don't want to lose my best friend.

I didn't respond to her. She would just try to talk me out of it again. I know her too well, her 'playing nice' trick doesn't work with me anymore. Next I checked the text from Josh, thinking they might be related.

Josh: Jen, I talked to Ginny like I said I would. She's still kinda mad but I think she'll accept it sooner or later. Just try to not stay mad at her please. She gets extremely upset anytime you guys don't talk. Please don't do that to me.😉😂

Even when he's trying to be serious he fails. At least one of my friends can support me. Or at least not be mad. I decided I'd text him back.

Me: I'll try Josh, but no promises. If she's not willing to accept Jesse and I then you'll have to get used to upset Ginny. Sorry for the inconvenience😂😜

Next I checked my text from Colin.

Colin: Jen, I'm sorry I blew up at you earlier. I just don't like the idea of you with someone who's just going to hurt you. I know we're not as close as we used to be but you're still one of my best friends and I just don't want you getting hurt. Sorry for being rude about Jesse. If he really makes you happy then I'm happy. But if he tries anything you can tell him he's a dead man.

That's....progress, I guess. He's at least trying. He kinda reminds me of the protective friend out of the group.

Me: Thanks Colin, I think. I get why you blew up earlier. You're just looking out for me. It's sweet but you don't need to worry about me. Jesse's not the same anymore. I'll see you at set tomorrow.

Finally the one text I was looking forward to reading. The text from Jesse.

Jesse: Hey baby. I was wondering if you'd like to do breakfast again tomorrow before you have to go to set.

Me: I don't have to be to set until tomorrow night. Do you want to maybe do lunch instead?

Jesse: Sure, sounds like a plan. Where do you want to go?

Me: Anywhere works. The media already has a picture of us from breakfast.

Jesse: Yeah I saw that. Sorry Jen. I know you wanted to keep it quiet for a while.

Me: It's fine. Want to do lunch at the little cafe a few streets from your hotel.

Jesse: Sure. See you at 12.

Me: See you then.

I turned off my phone and quickly fell asleep with Ava laying peacefully next to me.