Chapter 22 - Game Night

Jen's POV

I walked into my house and Daniel was still sitting at the table. "Daniel did you move at all!!?"

"No I didn't. Jen we really need to talk. Where were you?" He was acting like my parent.

"I don't have to tell you. Listen Dan, I'd love to talk to you, but not if you're gonna act like this."

"Okay. I'm sorry Jen but we really need to talk. I'm sorry about everything. I should have told you Colin was here, and given you his letter."

"Yes, you should have." I turned to walk upstairs.

"Ok Jen, I'm sorry! What can I do to make it up to you?"

I stopped and turned around. "Okay you want to make it up to me?" He nodded "Colin and I made up and are trying things again. I invited him to game night tomorrow night. If you really want to make it up to me don't act like a jerk or overprotective brother when you meet him okay?"

"Okay Jen. I might not agree with you, but I promise to be nice." He frowned.

"Thank you." I hugged him and walked upstairs and went to bed.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast. Mom was making a big breakfast for everyone. Once everyone sat down I decided to tell them about Colin...and everything else too, but not by choice. "Guys I know today is a family day but if you guys don't care I invited Colin over too." Daniel made a weird noise and I just stared at him.

"Yeah, that's fine Jen. We can't wait to meet him." My mom said.

"Yeah I don't care. I'm excited." Julia smiled at me. Glad one sibling can be supportive. "I'm glad you two made up." My smile faded away.

"Made up? Did he do something to you?" My dad said, quickly and angrily.

"Thanks Julia." I mumbled under my breath.

"Oops sorry Jen, I thought they knew." I know she's trying to help, but sometimes I wish she would just stay quiet.

"Knew what? What's going on Jen!?" Great now even my mom was getting angry.

I glared at Julia who, smartly, avoided eye contact. "It's nothing really." I tried to leave it at that but I knew it wouldn't work because of my family.

"It's not nothing," Daniel started.

"Dan please don't!" I yelled at him but he didn't care.

"After Jen left Colin went to break up with his girlfriend. Then a few weeks ago she showed up again." No one seemed to care about that and I was hoping he wouldn't continue. But of course he had to anyway. "She's pregnant. With Colin's kid." He smirked a little to proud of himself.

"Seriously Daniel!!" I screamed at him across the table.

"Wait Jen, that's true?" My mom asked quietly.

"Yeah, it's true." I frowned. I could tell my dad was getting really angry. "But Dan left out a part." I said quickly while glaring at him. "He didn't cheat on me, and we've already moved pass this. Daniel's just mad because he's way to overprotective when he doesn't need to be."

"Well if you two really made up then he's welcome here, right David?" My mom said giving him a glare.

"Right." My dad mumbled.