thievery

It's official.

You have a shitty friend.

Well... friend.

Why the italics, you may ask? Because it's not as if you could call someone who totally stole your idea and claimed it as their own a friend.

THAT'S NOT HOW FRIENDSHIP WORKS!!

Maybe you were put together in a group project, and they took all the credit for your work. And yes, it's yours 'cuz they didn't even help! Strike one!

Or maybe you two decided to plan a surprise birthday party for your mutual friend and they hog all the glory! Strike two!

Or perhaps ended up helping somebody do something and they, you guessed it, act as if they did all the work! STRIKE THREE!

YOU'RE OUT!

HOW TO DEAL WITH SUCH TREACHERY WITHOUT ENDING UP IN JAIL:

Mine's Bigger:

Sometimes you just have to be louder. Your friend is laughing and boasting about doing such a great job? Then you do the same, but you know...louder. Your other friends would probably think you're going nuts, but hey, at least they'd know your mutual friend is a lying, coniving, slimy, no good, two-faced, back stabbing, bi- okay!

Ex-a-cuse You?!:

You know, from time to time, a good ol' confrontation is all it take. Because GUESS WHAT?! YOU AIN'T ABOUT TO BE TAKIN' THIS LYING DOWN!

YOU ARE GOING TO WALK UP TO THAT SHITTY ASS FRIEND OF YOURS, AND YOU GON' GIVE IT TO THEM!! YOU'RE GON' TELL 'EM THAT THEY AIN'T ABOUT TO HOG ALL THE CREDIT, BECAUSE YOU WORKED JUST AS HARD (if not harder) THAN THEY DID, SO THEY COULD SHUT THEIR P...

YOU ARE GOING TO WALK UP TO THAT SHITTY ASS FRIEND OF YOURS, AND YOU GON' GIVE IT TO THEM!! YOU'RE GON' TELL 'EM THAT THEY AIN'T ABOUT TO HOG ALL THE CREDIT, BECAUSE YOU WORKED JUST AS HARD (if not harder) THAN THEY DID, SO THEY COULD SHUT THEIR PIE HOLE!!

Avengers Assemble:

There's no shame in having people to back you up. There's peaceful ways to deal with people like your friend. Tell your peeps what happened, come up with a plan of attack and charge! Except, don't. 'Cuz we're trying to deal with this peacefully, remember? Maybe the friend isn't actually that bad of a person and they don't even realize what they're doing. You won't really know until you talk to the person.

Remember: Communication is key to any form of relationship.

Unless the person really is just awful inside and out. Then in that case, have at 'em, and don't forget to have fun!

Just a Pinch of Humility:

Where there is a peaceful way of resolving things, there will also be a passive aggressive way. It's just how things are, and some people could use a little bit of passive aggressiveness. When your friend is talking about whatever you did, show them up by supplying more information than they are! Maybe by taking all the credit for your joined work, the friend started believing they actually did everything. You know how fickle the human brain could be. But you did your fair share of work, and you knew everything inside out, so maybe it's time to not-so-subtly remind them of this.

I Can't Even:

Hey, maybe you don't really care if they take all the credit. In the end you did what you were expected to do, got your grade or whatever, so it's really not that big of a deal for you. Then kudos! You're one chill person!Enjoy some well deserved rest with your favorite movie, or TV show! Those have enough drama in them to last you a life time!

◼⬛◼

If they do it often, it isn't a mistake;  it's just their behavior.
-Dr. Steve Maraboli