blame-the-name

Megan?
Here sir.

Susan?
Present.

Harry?
Absent sir.

Uuuuum. Uhhhh. Um. Sorry, how do you pronounce this?

How familiar does this sound? Well pretty much every teacher, every parent, every person since the beginning of time has not been able to pronounce your name!

Life with a unique name is awesome because you don't have the basic Danny name. You have something unique and far cooler!

Double D's is here to teach you how to own it! Carry on reading sweet reader.

HOW TO PRAISE THE NAME:

Teacher, Teacher:

Teach everyone how to spell and pronounce your name. If they gladly make the attempt to try and learn then they are definitely worth it! And once they know and are comfortable using your name then they will correct others who mispronounce it!

Professional First Impression:

First impressions are everything! So it's important to introduce yourself in a way that'll be remembered, and hopefully discussed in future History classes. Make a cool business card with your name, the pronunciation and a fin fact. Then simply hand it out to anybody new whom you meet. You'll definitely make a lasting impression.

Jane Doe:

If your name is a hopeless case and you can't pronounce it yourself then you can always legally change it. But be sensible about it, don't do it for the knock knock jokes!

You Can Just Call Me:

Nicknames. This isn't a formal change to your name but rather allowing that those who know you to call you something easier. Just remember that nicknames can stick with a person, so try to get a cool name not Rotten Tomato.

Sir X:

Remember in the olden days where people would go by their surname? Well if you have a catchy and easy surname then allow people to call you by your last name. And it's also very sporty, you could grow muscles everytime so one calls you by your last name!

◼⬛◼