gender-glasses

Its the musical festival and they have all kinds of food trucks situated around the stage. The aroma, atmosphere, the buzz, everything is settling in for the best time of our lives.

Your eyesight is tremendously good so you notice that familiar burgundy hoodie your friend always wears when its chilly outside. You're above certain that its that person so you call out to them in your best scream.

And everything starts to fall apart under your feet once you realize you made a complete fool out of yourself. Dammit, your eyesight has failed you.

The person not only is not your friend but is the opposite gender! How could you have overlooked that?

Your stares meet and you crumble. The embarrassment eats at your organs, almost making it harder for you to breathe.

You start to think, real quick since you're good at speedy recoveries.

HOW TO DO SOMETHING:

Dodge The Bullet:

There's thousandths of people at a music festival so the chance that you've actually not be calling out to this specific person is above the probability meter! Just pretend you've not been calling out to them and walk away like nothing happened. Use your acting skills.

F R I E N D S:

Wanna be my friend? So what that you messed this up by thinking it was your school friend? You can just step in and become friends with them. The first step to a friendship has been rolled out. Just go with the flow.

Oops I Did It Again:

Blame your poor eyesight for this mistake. Tell them youre having some trouble distinguishing between people from a further distance since youre not wearing your contact lens. No one will know youre lying about that.

Shake It Off:

If they decide to be rude about this, just shake them off like a bad hair day. You have mistaken them for someone else and this shouldn't entitle someone to throw their douche-ness back and forth. Like whatever.

Or if you are bothered to call them out on their horrible manners, I applaud you. It takes some great effort to go out of your own way to discuss someones lack of good behaviour with them. Maybe this talk coming from an outsider will teach them a valuable lesson.

◼⬛◼
Just stay dandy and hold some candy!
(AN: I just created this rhyme at the spot. Ah, I should put this on my CV)