skittle-mayhem

Our living room jarred in 3 guests that my parents had over. Even with the dropdown temperature outside, the heat suffocated me as we sat in a circle playing Scrabble.

No one noticed me when I turned around and breathed erratically just to inhale more oxygen in. Or when I fanned myself to get this bloody heatwave away from this room.

For the two days of their stay, I wasn't suffocated by their presence.

It was like they were here to entertain each one of us by playing random board games or watching TV. I was content with it.

Until I walked in to the bathtub, hoping to get a well- deserved shower just to have ice dropped down on my head. Literally the water felt like ice-cubes about to break my head.

It seems that the guests enjoyed morning showers as equally as I do and used up all the hot water.

That didn't turn me into a Huffle-puff.

I was on my period cravings, my blood calling out for sugar. Any sort of sugar.

I remembered that I had some Skittles hidden in the kitchen cupboard, somewhere in the back so no one sees it.

Does anyone want to guess what happened next?

A thirsty sneaky creature stole my Skittles. They were mine. I claimed them. I even drew a red dot with a marker on the packaging for everyone to back off them.

After having my parents guests over a weeks time, I was tired.

Tired of hearing music playing at 11 PM, some techno songs booming through the walls. They shook to its beat.

SURVIVAL:

Cold Showers:

I learned a new skill. Patience. I patiently waited on the water to heat up whilst focusing on things like getting my laundry done. If you end up in the same situation, try and occupy yourself with something else. Time will fly. Or just enjoy a quick cold shower. Apparently it wakes up your body.

Skittles Thieves:

Having someone steal your Skittles is unforgettable. To satisfy my craving I chewed on Mints that I found in the back of the cupboard. I think I should alter my cravings to minty things since no one takes them. If you get your snack or candy stolen by someone, try something else. A craving will pass.

Anti-Techno Music Package:

The music was getting louder and louder and I couldn't fall asleep because lets be honest who would be able to do that? I felt like my brain will turn to roasted nuts anytime soon. To deal with this, I used ear plugs. It muted the sound out. Can't say they were comfortable to have on for more than 2 hours but they sealed the deal.

◼⬛◼
Be safe.
Keep skittles in your room.
Learn from this chapter.
Peace out!