breathe-of-death

Um sir. Would you mind helping me with this? I don’t know where to start?”

“Sure, so you start with ..”

Except knowledge isn’t the only thing that hits you...

You have been blessed with the reek of a putrid, disgusting, garlicy breath.

Funny enough this doesn’t always happen during lessons, anyone with a bad breath is an automatic tune off for some.

HOW NOT TO DIE OF SUFFOCATION:

Acting Lessons:

Pretend you have bad breath. Funny enough, if you act as if you have a problem it could encourage the other person to notice themselves. For example, if you’re confident enough you could say, “Is it just me or does my breath smell?”. This is an easy and non confrontational way of bringing up an incredibly awkward topic.

Minty Fresh:

Offer them a stick of chewing gum or a mint. To make things more natural , you could have one yourself and then offer it to them second. This is yet another subtle way of sorting out a potentially awkward situation.

No Please, I Insist:

If they turn down the mint, it’s perfectly acceptable to coax them into taking it. Saying something like, “No. I really think you should”, is a delicate way of giving them a hint. If the message is still not received, perhaps get someone else to try.

Easy Does It:

Letting them know gently is a risky , but direct approach. Saying something like, I am so sorry to mention this but your breath smells a bit off. This is often better to do when you’re a lot closer to someone as you don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Sincerely, A:

Leave an anonymous note by their desk or locker. This is the least confrontational option and could cause the person to wonder who sent it to them but at the end of the day will definitely ensure that the fix their problem. 

Santa's Treats:

Instead of leaving a note, you could drop off a pack of gum or some mints secretly. Slipping some gum into their locker or secretly dropping into their jacket pocket is a perfect way to get the message across clearly.

◼⬛◼
Breath mint anyone?