ummm-friends?

Scrolling down the Facebook feed, everyone out of your friends group seeming to enjoy their summer break. Deserved peace from their teachers and study work.

A notification pops up when you guiltily have been scanning that cookie dough cake recipe, already scolding yourself for being so weak and not being able to uphold your summer diet.

It takes you 2 minutes of staring at the notification, not believing what you see. Was it a stupid mistake? Or did the spirits really hate my existence and wanted to make my summer miserable?

Miss Manhattan’s awfully devious face stares at me and my crumbling soul.

HOW TO SURVIVE THE DEVIL'S FRIEND REQUEST:

Ignore:

The hate you have for this teacher overpowers your general kind nature so you simply ignore the request. Let’s hope karma doesn’t get to you.

Acceptance and Snooping:

Be adventurous and see what could happen when you add that request. Maybe Miss Manhattan needs someone’s shoulder to vent or to cry on. Perhaps she has reached her ultimatum where she believes that by being such a devil in school, she can somehow make things better for the summer.

Sherlock:

Find out why she added you. Adding your students on social media can make you wonder if something pushed them to do this. If you don’t want to be stepping out of the line, just incase she bites your flesh off the next time you see her, ask her why has she been such a pain in the whole body for the past few years.

Match-Making:

Miss Manhattan once mentioned she is feeling lonely on her Halloween night, no idea why she chose this particular holiday to be feeling lonely around. Of course she’s feeling lonely around her time of the year. She needs her own freak buddy, devil or any sadistic creature to help her get through the Halloween movies and the grim songs.

Yoga, Breathe and Chill:

Everyday she looked more gloomy and it seemed that she wasn’t capable of giving a smile. She roared like a lion. It was terrifying how many times we shit our pants, hearing that ear piercing roar. Look up some yoga classes on the internet and let her know you want to help her. Hope she doesn’t roar at you through the phone. We are not responsible for any phone issues like broken screen or speaker. Please be cautious and gentle with your words! As gentle as you can be.

◼⬛◼

Is it worse getting friend requests from people you don't know or from people who you know?