cigarettes

"morning." i muttered, watching him stretch out across the bed. i'd woken up a little bit ago and decided to just lay there.

"morning." he said back, cuddling back under the sheets.

"what do you want to do today?" i wondered, grabbing my phone off the side table.

"i d-dunno." he yawned, "let's j-just have a lazy d-day."

"i'm down with that. just eat and watch movies? i can order a pizza for lunch." i laughed.

he nodded in agreement to my suggestion.

"mkay, we'll do that. what time does your grandma go to work?" i sat up and turned around, crossing my legs on the bed.

"s-seven thirty."

"so about an hour ago."

"oh, what t-time is it?" he rolled over. his hair was super messy, but cute. he sat up and looked at me with a sleepish grin in return to my smile.

i reached over to fix his hair.  

"i'm gonna t-take a shower." he said and lumbered out of bed. i figured i'd go downstairs and try to make some breakfast.

but, i don't know how to make pancakes. weird, i know. an almost eighteen year old who doesn't know how to make pancakes.

so, i ran back up to get my phone. that was a mistake. jimin was standing shirtless by his closet but that wasn't the part that shocked me.

"w-" i began.

"i know w-what you're going to s-say so just let me explain-n." he grabbed a towel to cover himself up more and walked closer to me.

"w-when i was younger m-mostly, my dad lik-ked to burn me w-with his c-c-cigarettes. like i s-said a while ag-go, they d-didn't want k-kids." he looked down and his feet.

i sucked in a deep breath and i ruffled his hair, "i'll knock next time, i'm sorry."

"it's okay, yoongi. b-b-but c-can i um... have a hug?" he said quietly and shyly.

i silently pulled him close. i really dislike his parents at this point. i don't know much about them but they seem like terrible people. then again, they gave jimin life so i've gotta be grateful for something from them, right?

i kissed the top of jimin's head. i always loved how he was significantly shorter than me. he was only as tall as about my shoulder.

"i'm going to make breakfast now, hurry and get your butt down there after your shower. i get lonely." i smiled and patted him towards the bathroom before grabbing my phone and going back downstairs.

making pancakes wasn't that hard. it just took me a bit to find what i needed.

jimin came down a little bit later and sat on the counter. he sat silently and watched me cook. they didn't take that long to make. once i finished and turned everything off, jimin did something i wasn't expecting.

he grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss. like, an actual kiss. on the lips. he seemed to know what he was doing. i was confused but i didn't question it.

we pulled back moments later out of breath.

"what was that for?" i chuckled and grabbed the two plates. he hopped down and went to the table with me.

he shrugged, "i d-don't know. i just f-felt like it."

i smiled and gave him his food.